Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2015, 01:02 PM   #1

2000 Monaco Executive 43

Hi, I m looking at a 2000 Monaco Executive 43' with the Ralph Lauren edition, exactly what is this upgrade, was it just an interior upgrade, or was there other things about the outside or mechanical upgrades that came in the package? How expensive of an upgrade was this? I ve looked at the brochure section the monaco website, but they don t show what the options were. Is there anything to watch for on this model of coach? It has the 500 hp engine. Also , for those of you that have the tag axles on your coach, when you dump the air on the tag, do the wheels actually come off the ground or just with reduced pressure the tires slide easier to let the coach turn in a shorter radius? I am new to coach shopping and would like to make a good choice with the help of you folks on this site, who already have many years of experience. Thanks so much for any and all input. regards…. Bernie
burnibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2015, 01:35 PM   #2

I'm not real up on the different trim levels of Monaco Executives, hopefully someone will confirm this opinion. I suspect this is interior trim options only, fabrics, valances, etc.

That era Executive is well respected, and good beefy engine and transmission. If the coach interior works for you, and the mechanics are solid - it should be a great coach.

I like the 42' and above Tag's, as they usually get you back the 3rd full bay of storage. Most 40' give you 2 1/2 full bays.

The engine is not choked down with all of the newer smog stuff, and was at the end of a long time between regulations changes on engines - so any bugs had been tweaked by then. Again, because I'm not real up on this era Executive's, is this the ISM or Detroit giving you that 500HP? (Either engine is great!).

Best to you on this one,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 01:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnibee View Post
Hi, I m looking at a 2000 Monaco Executive 43' with the Ralph Lauren edition, exactly what is this upgrade, was it just an interior upgrade, or was there other things about the outside or mechanical upgrades that came in the package? How expensive of an upgrade was this? I ve looked at the brochure section the monaco website, but they don t show what the options were. Is there anything to watch for on this model of coach? It has the 500 hp engine. Also , for those of you that have the tag axles on your coach, when you dump the air on the tag, do the wheels actually come off the ground or just with reduced pressure the tires slide easier to let the coach turn in a shorter radius? I am new to coach shopping and would like to make a good choice with the help of you folks on this site, who already have many years of experience. Thanks so much for any and all input. regards…. Bernie

Bernie,

My wife and I have lived full time in an '03 Signature, which is a close cousin of the Executive. The engine is a Cummins ISM mated to an Allison 4000 transmission. It's a strong, reliable combo. When you activate the tag dump it will lift the tag wheels just clear of the ground. This lift is adjustable and on a rough or irregular surface it might not actually clear. The down force on the tag is adjustable so you can dial in the weight carried by all three sets of axles. If the coach has been well maintained then this is a wonderful coach. The Ralph Lauren is interior fabrics and designs only.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 04:09 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Here is a link to the Monaco site that has an Owners page, which includes a library of brochures. The 2000 Executive brochure is here and in it you should be able to see the available options.

Monaco Brochures

There is also a listing of manuals for you to look at, however, it only goes back to 2001.

Monaco Brochures

If you are really interested in this coach you may get the owner to contact Monaco had get a copy of the Data Sheet which will include the MSRP and options listed along with cost. I doubt Monaco would give you this if you are not the owner or dealer but you never know, give them a call and tell them of your interest in the coach. I've called or emailed about other things and they have been really helpful.

Good Luck
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco