Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2012, 03:31 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
2003 fleetwood Providence 39s

Good morning I am looking at a Fleetwood Providence 39s can I get sone of your thoughts please 2003 22,000 miles great shape needs tires hase some sign of minor wear has a freightliner chassis I can pick this up for 35000 but have to travel 1000 miles round trip look foward to hearing from all of you thanks in advance for your help
whitetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2012, 03:53 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your time here. I'm sure someone will be along that is familiar with that coach. Seems like one heck of a deal though. Good luck with the shopping and hope you enjoy all your future travels. Be safe and Happy Motoring!!!
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:07 AM   #3

Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
1- Can you get us some pictures so we can help you see what you are getting or not getting.

2- Service records

3-Tires will most likely need to be replaced $2500- 4500

4- Gen set.. how many hours?

5- Paint condition and body damage if any

6- water damage, check very closely at the windows

FYI- a 2005 will sell between 85 -95K, so it sounds like a very good deal.

PM me if you need more help.

Poppy
Just Because is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:50 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
At that price it's a great deal but make sure of the source. There's been a 03 Providence 39s posted on Craigslist in a bunch of cities at a very good price over the past few weeks and it's a scam.
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thanks but thats not where it is ,but its funny I also saw that too how can you tell it was a scam I contacted that person and it was already sold.Can you please tell me how to reconize a scam when I see one?Thanks
whitetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:54 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
If it sounds too good to be true, then it is probably not true
butch007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:25 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Unfortunately, Craigslist is particularly bad for scams simply because it's free.

There's no absolute way to spot an scam but there are some signs. Certainly if the price is too good, it's always a red flag (although I'm an eternal optimist so I'll always think that not all great deals are necessarily scams). Very generic ads with few details are also a potential. No contact info is another potential (although not all sellers will list contact info). Same / similar ads in multiple cities are usually a great sign of a scam. Also if you do get some info (e.g. VIN), on it (from the ad or from a response), google it - so many times, I see great deals on Craigslist and eBay only to search and find the same vehicle behind sold by a dealer somewhere (scammer just used pictures / info from the vehicle that's really being sold). I think anytime it's a great deal and the seller will ship at his cost (especially something like a motor home), it's a scam. Stories like being transferred overseas for work or military are usually scams. etc.

Here's the one I noticed (also appeared in another 6 dozen cities but Craigslist already yanked those). All 2003 Providence 39s, all around $36k, all appear to be pictures of same mh).

39S 2003 Fleetwood Providence - $36500 (cedar rapids)

This RV is pretty easy to drive. Only a regular driver's license is required to drive this coach. There are 2 roof AC units that both work. The engine or dash AC also seems to works, although it is cold outside This is a nice coach at approx 39 foot.This RV was just driven several hundred miles with no trouble The 7.2 liter Caterpillar 330hp TURBO DIESEL engine runs great, no problems.The 6 speed Allison automatic overdrive transmission shifts great also, no problems.

posted here (links will probably be flagged in near future):
39S 2003 Fleetwood Providence
Fleetwood Providence 2003 39s
Providence 39S 2003 Fleetwood
39S 2003 Fleetwood Providence
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood