Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2018, 08:36 AM   #1

2003 Fleetwood Southwind 36RS

I got the Southwind a few months ago and finally had a chance to take her out this past weekend for a few days. All was well except the water pressure was low, or not what I am used to. And the hot water pressure was less than the cold water pressure. The shower had really bad pressure but the sink was ok. Still not what I like. I checked all connections. All looked good. My pressure regulator was around 55. Park water pressure was good. I actually removed my regulator/hose from it and turned it on for a few seconds. Looked good. I have removed the faucet aerators and cleaned them. This helped a little. Have not taken the shower pipe and head apart yet, but it could be clogged. I do not see any sign of any leaks anywhere. Looking for suggestions!!

Thanks
Pollardwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2018, 09:35 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hot water pressure -

There is a one way valve on the output side of the water heater. This valve is known to cause flow problems. The valve is there specifically for winterization, to prevent water from entering the water heater when the winterization valve is closed.. The back-flow valve can be removed, and / or replaced with a standard shutoff valve.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:17 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Haven't had the problem you mention but wanted to say hello.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:21 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You might also throw the original shower head away(or stash it as a replacement for the outside shower, like I did)and get an Oxygenics shower head. Better showers with any pressure.
Old_Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:47 PM   #5

I appreciate the comments about the hot water pressure. I have done a little exploring and found a cover underneath the coach at the rear of the water heater. After opening it, I found that the water connections are made with short hoses, like the drinking water hose (white). Well, the hot one apparently has been leaking before, because they are coated with white pipe dope, or something like that. Also, my water heater has 90 degree elbow fittings that the hose connects to. I am wondering if the hot side could also be the one way valve that could be sticking. I haven't tried to remove it yet. Hard to get to......
Pollardwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:03 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
On mine, there is one valve for "Bypass / Normal" (winterizing). The check valve in the hot water side keeps water from flowing back into the heater from the hot water side when the manual valve is in the "bypass" position.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood, southwind