Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2020, 03:37 PM   #1

2004 HR Ambassador Rear Passenger Slide One Motor not Running

Got a 2004 HR Ambassador that has a passenger slide rear slide with two motors. Problem is the motor on left of slide isn’t working but right side is. So if you hit the button the right side tries to come out but left is jammed.

The messed up motor is visible in the basement bay along with PowerGear e-sync module. I can’t for the life of me find the right side motor, it’s not under the bed.

Any tips on troubleshooting it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	309073  
CurtisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2020, 02:58 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Look in the wheel well for a screw on plate, Monaco did that on many of their motor homes. On my 2005 Monaco Diplomat the small rear bedroom slide always came out okay, but not perfectly. Years later, I was repairing and adjusting the main slide and found that Monaco typically only used one motor with a drive shaft. The drive shaft connected two drive gears together. The drive gears fit over the shaft and were pinned in place with a soft bolt and nut.

After figuring out how they made them work and adjusted the main slide, I attacked the small rear slide. It had just one motor with the driveshaft. The pin in the second gear had apparently fallen out years ago, but the room was small enough that the slide still worked. I replaced the pin and the slide worked better than new.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 11:39 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I can't imagine why they would use two motors on that slide, or any slide less than 16 ft in length. Unnecessary cost and installation problems. I'm confident you have one electric motor, possibly driving a shaft with two gears if the slide is longer than about 8 ft. If one side moves while the the does not, the gear on that side has probably broken the pin that connects it to the drive shaft. However, bedroom slides typically have a direct drive and no gear shaft. The slide isn't big enough to need to two gear drives.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 01:41 PM   #4

Motor was in tire well, it tested fine. It’s the Esync 140-1140 that’s not showing voltage to the motor on left side of slide.

Anyone know of an alternative device for sync? I can’t find that part anywhere online
CurtisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 01:48 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Here’s a previous thread that may help.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/wor...on-280580.html

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 02:48 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Try M and M electronics. They may be able to repair it, or recommend someone who can.

https://www.mmrvelectronics.com/

Tags
motor, rear, slide