Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2011, 12:26 AM   #1

2004 National Seabreeze 1341 for FULL-TIMING?

Any thoughts on how suitable the 2004 National RV Seabreeze #1341 is for Full-Timing?

Me, my wife and 8 year old daughter are planning to full-time around the country, and are considering this unit.

I test drove it today, and it seemed to struggle just going up a moderate hill. It makes me wonder if it can handle the weight for a full-timing family of 3.

Any advice about the weight? Or anything else that affects its suitability for full-timing?

Thanks.
supportyourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2011, 08:09 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

It all depends on your wants and needs. Since you already feel it is under powered, clearly this type of rig is not for you. Since it is a typical gas chassis coach and shares its power train with numerous other brands and models, this probably means that you will need a diesel rig to be satisfied with the performance. Or you need to change your expectations. We traveled all over the US, including Alaska, with a similar gas coach (a 2002 Dolphin LX). I might also add that our current 40 ft diesel doesn't always race to the top either.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:43 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
04 Sea Breeze

I think your problem is with the chassis, not the rig. I believe your Sea Breeze is on the Ford V-10 Chassis. If so, it is not as powerful as the Workhorse chassis w/the 8.1 ltr Chevy. However, I have a buddy with an '03 Sea Breeze 8341 on the F-53 and he has very little trouble climbing hills. No more than any other Class A would have. Diesels definitely are superior in climbing hills to a gas rig. Ride is steadier as well.

As to the Sea Breeze itself, it was made by National Rv and is a nice coach. National has a fine reputation for quality motor coaches. I had a 1998 Dolphin, which was great and just upgraded to a 2005 Sea Breeze LX on the W-24 chassis.

For three people full-timing, I might suggest a slightly larger coach, say 35 to 38 foot. Lots of good RV's for sale out there. Take you time, and look over as many as you can to find the one that best fits your needs.

If you like the Sea Breeze, it is in good shape and the price is right, go for it! you can add the Banks Powerpack w/Trans command for added power. I added that to my '98 Dolphin and got a big boost in power! Climbs hills like a champ. If you plan to keep the rig for 5 years, or more, I think the $3400 investment in the Banks is well worth it.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Happy Trails!

Darryl
desobelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:34 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Check the CCC (Cargo Carrying Capacity) on the spec. sticker inside an upper cabinet. You may be surprised by the relatively small amount you can carry without being overweight. You can probably get by with that unit for full-timing, but a diesel powered unit would allow much more room plus power.

It's a buyers market for used diesels right now....
psyflyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
national