Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2011, 11:38 AM   #1

2004 Pace Arrow Input HELP

Looks Like the Coachman is out not a lot of feed back on this one.
does anyone have a Pace Arrow 2004 or newer???
We like the floor plan in the Pace Arrow and would like to know if anyone has had any problems with this coach?

Thanks for the imput we need help
Cliff & Denise
wchipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2011, 11:58 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Cliff,

You need to provide more info on the Pace Arrow.

What chassis is it on?

I looked at a used one back in "04" that was on a Workhorse chassis with the 8.1L engine. The only problem I saw with it was that the cabinet doors were already falling off due to the screws pulling out of the wood. Salesman said the original owners had taken it on a trip to Mexico and when they came back they traded it in on a higher end diesel pusher.

Happy Hunting,
Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:15 PM   #3

Thanks
on a workhorse 8.1 pace arrow 35G
Old 10-13-2011, 07:50 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
1. Make sure the brake recall has been performed.

Brake Recall Resource Center

2. If it has the Dometic Refrigerator check the recall on it.

Official Dometic Recall - DometicUSA

That's all the recalls that I can think of that might pertain to that coach.

Good Luck,
Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfran304 View Post
1. Make sure the brake recall has been performed.

Brake Recall Resource Center

2. If it has the Dometic Refrigerator check the recall on it.

Official Dometic Recall - DometicUSA

That's all the recalls that I can think of that might pertain to that coach.

Good Luck,
Jon
There was also a fuel rail clip recall.

We have an '05 PA 37C and bought it new. Other than the brake calipers I cannot recall any other serious or costly repairs to date (and if I can fix it myself, I do)...allot of minor stuff, but imho thats to be expected.

Workhorse W22
PartsManPA37C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:05 AM   #6

Think you guys for your help....
I did ask about the recall he said he would check

Thanks again Cliff & Denise
Sanford NC still wait to hit the road and go RVING
Old 10-30-2011, 06:02 PM   #7

Just picked up my 2006 37C new to me with the 8.1vortec and allison tranny two weeks ago and love it. Have done some short trips around home with no problems. Will be taking a 8hrs thankgiving trip to seven feathers oregon and will post any issues. I have the w24 which is not part of the brake recall.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:41 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We purchased a 2004 Pace Arrow in February and will be fulltiming in it - in two days! The brake work was done (and thanks for the info on the other recalls - we will look into those). We've had a few issues (AC unit, Engine AC & convertor), but have an extended warranty that helped with those costs. Overall we are happy & really like the floor plan with the triple slide. Downside is it's 30 amp so we will be flipping switches and making decisions between hot water, the microwave & clean clothes.
geekyexplore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:49 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have an 05 Southwind which is the little brother to the Pace, We have the 37C model and we love it.
As posted above make sure the brake recall has been done and if the refridgerator in under recall as well.
As for the coach itself, I had the front cabinet problem with the screws pulling out, replaced the old heavy TV with a flat panel and have had the cabinets refastened. I also put Koni shocks on it to smooth out the ride.
For the most part though those were my only issues so far and we still love it!

Hope this helps,,,,

Regards,
RovinOn
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:31 PM   #10

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We are in an 06, 37 C, Pace, on the W24... My prior coaches were 4 bounders. The kids are older now an figured we could get a higher end coach. The coach is one of the finest gas units ever built. Had the break problem but Workhorse stood by their product and fixed it.
DebnDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:03 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have an 04 Pace Arrow with 13,000 miles on it. We love it, and have had very few problems with it. Wind sensor on the power awning but thats not a Fleetwood problem. A vibration in the rear at 60 MPH, not bad and everyone told me not to worry about it. Well after $4000 it's mostly still there and I am fine with it. Wish I had the $4000 back. We have the 37C and for two people this the best floor plan. The early 04s were 30 Amp coaches. I like the 30 Amp, we stay in state parks a lot and most of them are 30 amps. It has an energy management system that will shed an ac compressor if the load gets too high. This allows us to run both Ac's at the same time, a 50 Amp coach doesn't have this. We stay in Myrtle Beach a lot and believe me two Ac's are needed. As for the switches if you want you can run the hot water heater on gas then the only thing that the switches effect is the microwave and washer/dryer. Also we have stayed in a number of campgrounds that charge up to $5 a day for 50 amp. The Pace has a lot of storage and the storage comes out with the slides so no bending and hitting your head, except the the BR slide. The jacks are not long enough so you will have to use blocks if the site is real unlevel, this is a pita. The cabinets and wood are top coach, if a screw strips put a few pieces of a tooth pic in the hole and replace the screw. The Pace Arrow is the top of the line gas coach. I would buy another like this in a minute.
Lakeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote