Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2023, 05:37 AM   #1

2004 travel supreme xantrax inverter

Good morning everyone. I’ve used this forum frequently, but this is my first time posting.

I have a 2004 travel supreme. It’s new to me as of a few days ago. Having quite a few electrical problems. I have solved a few, but still working on others.

So I’ll start by posting one here that’s racking my brain, hope when this gets solved I can post another. I have the freedom 458 inverter. On the remote display it never shows AC in, shore power or generator. Now everything is working it charges the batteries and it inverts. Brand new batteries, I just don’t understand why it never shows ac in. Could it be a blown led? I read there is a charge mode where the ac led in is illuminated, and I read there is an invert mode where it is not illuminated. Could I be in invert mode? The manual isn’t very detailed when it comes to this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Billy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3A118AD2-CCC3-4177-8DD7-085BDA0964EE.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	371.9 KB
ID:	385354  
Billyryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2023, 08:28 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Phone xantrax tech support 800-670-0707. They were very helpful when I had questions about resolving issues with my freedom 458
Old 01-30-2023, 10:53 AM   #3

Manual for Xantrex 458 remote control
https://xantrex.com/library/accessor.../owners-guide/

AC light should light according to instructions. There is a reset procedure detailed in the manual. It wouldn't hurt to try it. Make sure the connecting cable is securely plugged in on both ends. Corroded pins may cause the issue.

Maybe you don't need the light. If the battery is charging, then AC in, is present.
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 11:19 AM   #4

Just got off the phone very helpful people. According to them the led is probably burnt out. While it’s a nuisance as long as the charger is operating the inverter is working. He said I can either check it with the charge state of batteries or I can spend the 120 for a new remote. So I’ll save the 120 and monitor the charge.
Thanks for the replies
Billy
Billyryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 11:57 AM   #5

If you are connected to 50amps it doesn't light. anything less it should show.

Tags
inverter, travel, travel supreme