Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2021, 10:28 PM   #1

2005 Fleetwood Fiesta 32S Issues

I just purchased a 2005 Fleetwood Fiesta 32S and have a few issues with it and looking for some good advice.

1. It was white knuckles all the way home because it didnt want to stay on the road. Could it be the sway bars or something else?

2. While in my driveway, I hit the switch for the water pump and when I went outside, I saw water on the ground near the rear axle. Where could that be coming from?

3. Anyone have any literature such as spec sheets, manuals, or schematics that they can share with me. There is limited stuff like that online for this specific unit.

Thanks for all your help in advance
Doogie75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2021, 04:27 AM   #2

I think searching for an owners manual and reading it would be a good first step if it did not come with one.
Kenrbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 07:52 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had the same unit 8 years ago.
How many miles on it?
Don't oversteer it. Move your hands less. Take in to check for worn steering parts.
You gotta get under it to see where the leak is. Maybe close off some valves. Low water drains, open sewer drains, hot water heater, busted line etc.
Many or most operational and service manuals are available in pdf format on individual parts/system. Lot of time, calls and Google are the best for finding them. I left many manuals with it.
Chassis manuals are on Ebay.
Fleetwood has many schematics. Call them.
I bought a used rental, and had to fix many many problems. Hope your handy.
Old 10-26-2021, 09:36 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The first thing to check is the sway bar bushings. If this is the f53 chassis, they are known to rot away or come loose. Mine were completely gone on my 2008 34N. Next, I would consider the CHF. Will make a world of difference, especially when done on the front swaybar.

When I picked mine up, the previous owner had installed a steering stabilizer but it was misadjusted and caused the rig to pull to one side. that, combined with the missing swaybar bushings made for an arduous drive home.

Last but not least. check out your tires. Look at date codes and inflation pressure not the condition of the tread. MH tires time out long before they wear out in most cases. check your DOT codes to make sure they are still within their service lifetimes.
OuttaMyWay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood