Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2018, 04:10 PM   #1

2005 Georgie Boy Landau rear slideout will not retract

I got the RV out of the shop where it broke down in Evanston, WY. They had it for over 4 weeks. Welling Auto Depot is a great shop and they really seem to care. My fuel pump went out on a 8.1 Workhorse. It took over two weeks to find a replacement. When they finally called to come get it, I drove 18 hours back to get it. After loading up the car on the dolly I tried retracting the slideouts, but nothing worked. I told the mechanic and he jumpered the ground on the switch to another chassis ground to get it to retract.

Does anyone know where i can purchase the wiring schematics for the Landau? Or, where is the retracting gear box and wiring located? I tore out the bed, but it's not under that. I took out the drawers and it's not under them. Do I have to rip out the floor to find the loose or corroded connector?

Any help, especially with where the equipment is located and a clear, wiring diagram would be greatly appreciated. We just blew $2k on the fuel pump. Welling only charge us $1600 but the rest was from the shoddy maintenance that we took it too in Monterey, when we first smelled gasoline leaking. I had crawled under and look around several times. The mechanic said it was the just the vapors from out spare gas can. Thankfully, Welling located the broked return on the fuel pump. It had previously been glued. I am trying to move my to a new parking area, but the slide will not budge at all. Nor can I jumper it like they did in Wyoming.
JohnWMills is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2018, 06:33 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
The owners manual for your RV is available as a free download from Coachmen. It includes basic wiring diagrams
http://www.coachmenrv.com/OwnersManuals/14218574.pdf

Slideouts in my 2000 Landau were made by Lippert, Manual here:https://www.lci1.com/images/support/...ideout-web.pdf
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:29 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum!

Tags
georgie boy, slide, slideout