Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2021, 08:02 PM   #1

2005 Holiday Rambler Ambassador

Hi All, I have a 2005 Holiday Rambler Ambassador Diesel Pusher that I purchased a few weeks ago. Still figuring everything out on this rig. When put into D I get a beeping noise for a few mins, which eventually goes away. Any tips?
I have narrowed down that
1) it is not the leveling jacks
2) not any of the fluids,

Any tips or advise would be appreciated.
Cheers!
rdhaliwal84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2021, 08:33 PM   #2

May be your air pressure gauge is not at travel ride height, or brake pressure.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:44 PM   #3

Does indeed sound like the low air warning. Should be an idiot light on your dash lit until it gets over 90lbs.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:12 PM   #4

The "low air" warning buzzer/chime should be sounding even before the transmission is put into "D" shouldn't it?

And welcome to forum, rdhaliwal84.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 10:38 PM   #5

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately there is no indication light on the dash!
Old 01-12-2021, 10:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc View Post
The "low air" warning buzzer/chime should be sounding even before the transmission is put into "D" shouldn't it?

And welcome to forum, rdhaliwal84.
Thanks for the welcome! Yes it only goes off in D not in N. No dash light indication of what it could be either.
Old 01-13-2021, 05:04 AM   #7

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I can't remember exactly the events but on my 2004 HR Imperial, I had a loud buzzer come and go as soon as I bought it and sometimes staying for 10-15 minutes from startup. I also had the ABS and ATC lights on.
I cleared the codes and the lights went out. And initially appeared that the buzzer went away also. An intermittent connection can set up the codes and turn the warning lights on.

Then the buzzer came back most of the time when I changed the shifter to D. So I also changed the park brake switch and conveniently that came with the coach. The previous owner had bought the switch as he had thought that may be the issue but had not installed it. The receipt was still in the box and I think it was less than $80.00.

There is just not a lot of room to change the switch. I carefully pried the panel up as high as I could using blocks to keep it up while feeding all the wiring up at the same time. These panels get brittle over time. I also had to remove the kick panel to gain access to the connections underneath. Then it was just one electrical connection and the air line. Just not much room to work with.

Since then I've put about 2000 miles and no more lights or buzzers.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:51 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

It may have a warning for tv antenna up (or at least not fully stowed), jacks still down (maybe just a 1/4"), awning still slightly out, etc.

Do you have an owner manual that might explain such things? You can download one here:
https://www.holidayrambler.com/owner.../owner-manuals

Low air pressure would be a major annoying alarm, not a beep!
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:10 AM   #9

I think Lowflyer1 nailed it. I occasionally have the same problem when I shift my 2005 Monaco Knight, a sister ship to your Ambassador, out of Neutral.
Search the forum posts for "Nason" switch or valve. It has been discussed here quite a bit.
[emoji40]
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer1 View Post
I can't remember exactly the events but on my 2004 HR Imperial, I had a loud buzzer come and go as soon as I bought it and sometimes staying for 10-15 minutes from startup. I also had the ABS and ATC lights on.
I cleared the codes and the lights went out. And initially appeared that the buzzer went away also. An intermittent connection can set up the codes and turn the warning lights on.

Then the buzzer came back most of the time when I changed the shifter to D. So I also changed the park brake switch and conveniently that came with the coach. The previous owner had bought the switch as he had thought that may be the issue but had not installed it. The receipt was still in the box and I think it was less than $80.00.

There is just not a lot of room to change the switch. I carefully pried the panel up as high as I could using blocks to keep it up while feeding all the wiring up at the same time. These panels get brittle over time. I also had to remove the kick panel to gain access to the connections underneath. Then it was just one electrical connection and the air line. Just not much room to work with.

Since then I've put about 2000 miles and no more lights or buzzers.
Thank you for this tip!! I will definitely look into this.

Tags
holiday rambler