Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2020, 05:44 AM   #1

2005 National Seabreeze Class A LP Winter Storage

I have always owned a tow behind and have removed LP tnaks for the winter, now with the class A it is non removeable. Looking for suggestions, we are in upstate NY and the coach will be stored in an enclosed Barn, no power un covered and we do have access to check on coach as needed. Do we store the LP tank Empty, Full currently at 1/4 tank. Also I am thinking to remove batteries and store at home at home on a battery tender, thoughts would be greatly appreciated ASAP. ROdent control already taken care of as well.
dpchjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2020, 06:23 AM   #2

Just shut the LP tank valve off and your done. Full, empty or anywhere inbetween.

As for the batteries, get them fully charged and then disconnect the negetive cables and let them be. They will last for 4 to 6 months in cold storage.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 06:36 AM   #3

Agree with twinboat (BTW, what two boats do you have/or is it a catamaran?) about LP, just turn off the gas at the tank-- level in tank not material.

But, your batteries would last longer if you did move them to a warmer location and charged them occasionally/put them on a smart maintainer. You have to weigh out (literally) the extra work vs battery "happiness". If you do remove them, be sure to both take pictures and label cabling.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:07 PM   #4

Like others have said . Just turn off the LP tank . Make sure the batteries are fully charged and disconnect them. Cold will not harm your batteries. Thats all I do and my batteries are 12 yrs old. Make sure to winterize your water lines and tanks.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe10 View Post
Agree with twinboat (BTW, what two boats do you have/or is it a catamaran?) about LP, just turn off the gas at the tank-- level in tank not material.

But, your batteries would last longer if you did move them to a warmer location and charged them occasionally/put them on a smart maintainer. You have to weigh out (literally) the extra work vs battery "happiness". If you do remove them, be sure to both take pictures and label cabling.

Yes, I'm curious too, just where did the moniker "twinboat" come from? I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soppy View Post
Like others have said . Just turn off the LP tank . Make sure the batteries are fully charged and disconnect them. Cold will not harm your batteries. Thats all I do and my batteries are 12 yrs old. Make sure to winterize your water lines and tanks.

Wow, 12 years may be a record!

I feel lucky to get 5. But I buy cheap batteries.

Tags
breeze, class a, national, seabreeze, storage, winter