Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post
The only thing I can honestly say I would like about 5% of the time is more HP. The ISL 400 does great 95% of the time with no complaints, even towing our trailer loaded at 12,500 pounds.

In my opinion the Dynasty is one of the best bang for your buck coaches out there.

Mike.
We have looked at the Exec/Sig with the ISM but I can't find a 3 slide in my price range.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma

We have looked at the Exec/Sig with the ISM but I can't find a 3 slide in my price range.
We have lived full time in our '03 Sig 40' 3 slide for 6 years now. It has been and still is a wonderful life. Coach has been essentially trouble free. We did some remodeling 2 years ago and it was like having a new coach.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
We have lived full time in our '03 Sig 40' 3 slide for 6 years now. It has been and still is a wonderful life. Coach has been essentially trouble free. We did some remodeling 2 years ago and it was like having a new coach.
Good news Steve. My concern with older vehicles has been the wiring age more than anything else. That said, the wiring on my 13 year old is still flexible and new looking. Corrosion has to be chased on exposed stuff, of course.

More and more like a stick house. As long as the floor plan works, with due diligence on the drive train, remodel and new appliances, Viola! .... new MH!
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:17 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
The wife and I were just talking about this the other night while I was repairing our step cover. She asked me if I could have another coach what it would be.

I had to stop and think harder than I thought I would. At first I thought about some of the newer ones but I am not happy with much of the newer emissions items on the 2008 and up models. So if I were to replace mine it would be with a 2007 or older. I only had a few come to mind that I would even consider to be a step up in that year range. I thought about a Foretravel Nimbus or Phenix, CC Affinity/Magna or a Monaco Signature/Executive. Then I thought about the price difference between mine and one of those and decided, nope. When the time is right I will probably spend a fraction of the cost to upgrade to one of those and merely have ours repainted.

I don't want to go over 40' due to the fact that I am already overlength and don't want to be any more overlength and our 40' fits perfectly in the driveway without hanging over. I like the fact that we have the 10kw Onan generator and triple roof airs in a 40' package which is hard to come by.

So for the most part I would agree with Steve, just a slight remodel and be happy with what we have. Glad to see that I am not the only one that thinks that way.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:30 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Also, on a side note. I don't think I would be as worried about the wiring that you mentioned. Monaco actually uses some good quality wire with good insulation. UV is the hardest on wire insulation and most wiring is covered so that shouldn't be much of an issue.

We had 1991 Beaver Contessa 38 footer prior to our Dynasty and we didn't have any wiring issues to speak of. It was 16 years old and had 129k on the odometer when we sold it and it is still running strong by the current owners.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Not a Tiffin brasher for sure but after reading the post "brand new 500 ISX". On the Cummins owners forum I would most definitely opt for the Monaco. As Norwestie stated the problems are far reaching. JMO!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco, tiffin