Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2018, 05:06 PM   #1

Triple E Owners Club
2007 Class A Triple E Embassy baggage compartment weight limits

I have 2 deep cycle batteries in a compartment that measures up to hold 4. I just about bought the extras then though 'thats about 240 lbs..hmm how much can this compartment hold'. Does anyone know? I didnt see anything in my manual other than what the weight capacity is of my internal overhead cabinets (75 lbs).
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2018, 06:23 PM   #2

I have a 2008 Triple E Commander. It originally came with 2 6 volt batteries. There is space for 4 and that is what I have now. No issues.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:10 PM   #3

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleEEE View Post
I have a 2008 Triple E Commander. It originally came with 2 6 volt batteries. There is space for 4 and that is what I have now. No issues.
Thanks for the feedback! I just noticed in all other baggage compartments it says 'max 75kg or 161lbs' but the battery compartment is not labelled. Do you do a lot of driving with your rig? Did you add an inverter or solar to your set-up?

Mike
Old 09-16-2018, 05:38 PM   #4
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
I have a 2009 Commander with 4 coach batteries - no problems. Gasser
My 2007 Empress Elite could carry 6 batteries but it is a bigger coach DP.
Both made by Triple E.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by koresample View Post
Thanks for the feedback! I just noticed in all other baggage compartments it says 'max 75kg or 161lbs' but the battery compartment is not labelled. Do you do a lot of driving with your rig? Did you add an inverter or solar to your set-up?

Mike
We are on the road 70-80 days a year. The additional battery load hasn't been an issue for the tray.

Hey, it's a Triple E. They know how to build them. It's a very well built Canadian coach. I believe the only reason that there were only 2 batteries in the tray was just a matter of economics. Perhaps the previous owner took his 4 new ones out and substituted 2 "adequate" batteries prior to selling (?)

The previous owner installed a 160w solar setup and a 1750w inverter.

Gregg
Old 09-19-2018, 12:30 AM   #6

Although no longer building Class A coaches ; Triple E is still in business maybe phone and see if 4 coach batteries was a factory option for your coach .

Triple E Recreational Vehicles - Contact Us
Old 09-19-2018, 04:23 PM   #7

Triple E Owners Club
I did not know that! I will give them a shout. My battery compartment does not seem super heavy duty which is the source of my angst in this situation. Thanks!
Old 09-19-2018, 05:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by koresample View Post
I did not know that! I will give them a shout. My battery compartment does not seem super heavy duty which is the source of my angst in this situation. Thanks!

Ask for Wanda Wolfe.

She will get you the info you need.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:32 AM   #9

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleEEE View Post
Ask for Wanda Wolfe.

She will get you the info you need.
Roger that! Thanks very much!

Tags
class a, weight