Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2021, 02:36 PM   #1
CO3

2007 Damon Astoria home theater hookup

Hello,

We just purchased a used 2007 Damon Astoria Tuscany 38’. The manual says it came
with a receiver to hook up to a home theatre system. We don’t have the receiver, and all we could find behind the cabinetry was one end to subwoofer wires. Ultimately, we want to have surround sound using the 4 speakers in the ceiling, but we don’t see any wires to those either. Does anyone have experience or knowledge about the speaker wires? And/ or subwoofer wires? Thanks.
CO3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2021, 04:27 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
What is the exact model? Only the Pacific Editions came with the home theater. Damon did a good job of labeling the wires so it should be possible to piece it back together if you can find them. Couldn't imagine someone would have tore them out.
Old 04-02-2021, 04:44 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Congrats on the new rig! Hopefully someone familiar with your rig will be along to help. Those speaker wires must be in that cabinet somewhere. Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

It will make it easier for folks to help if you create a signature showing the make and model of your RV. Look at post #30 in the link below that tells you how to do that.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/foru...ml#post3101035

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 05:46 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
The four speakers in the ceiling are probably for the radio. My owners manual also indicated a home theater system, but I know for a fact it didn’t come with one. The manuals for Damon’s are pretty generic, and you have to kind of filter through what you really have.
Old 04-03-2021, 07:05 AM   #5
CO3

Thank you. It doesn’t appear that anything has been torn out, so yes, maybe it never had it. I wondered if it was a generic manual. I’m not sure if it’s the Pacific Edition...it just says Tuscany on the front page. It’s a 3776 if that helps. It has washer/dryer hookups, but what else would be indicative of a Pacific edition? Did the Pacific use those ceiling speakers for the surround or something else? Maybe we’re looking for something that doesn’t even exist?

We do see one end to those subwoofer wires near the floor.. Anyone know where they go? And has anyone tapped into the ceiling speakers? Seems weird that we’d have subwoofer wires so obvious but no ceiling speakers. I feel like we’re so close. Thanks.
CO3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 02:24 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
A Pacific-Edition would have full body paint instead if the standard white with vinyl graphics. If it has the Home Theater system there should also be five speakers in the ceiling instead of four.

Interesting you have a 2007 Astoria with the 3776 Bunkhouse floorplan. According to Damon literature, the 3776 didn't appear until the 2008MY. I know RV manufacturers can be weird that way though.
Old 04-04-2021, 08:14 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
This may help.
https://library.rvusa.com/brochure/2007astoria.pdf

Tags
heater, damon, heat, 2007