Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2022, 03:28 PM   #15
YC1

Bypassing that solenoid is very common. The problems it can cause versus its real usefulness makes me wonder why they even have it.

In any case, bypassing it is a definite option.

Ignore the top right relay and empty holder. Too lazy to sort through the attachments.

The pictures may not make it clear. Just follow the large wires on each side of the solenoid and make sure they are all combined.

When storing the RV the switches in the battery compartment need to be turned off unless you are absolutely confident in your charging setup.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Run bay.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	373.2 KB
ID:	356161   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220128_144149803.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	310.9 KB
ID:	356162  

Name:	IMG_20220128_144011964.jpg
Size:	317.6 KB
ID:	356163   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220128_143956924.jpg
Size:	394.3 KB
ID:	356164  

Name:	IMG_20220128_143950590.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	284.8 KB
ID:	356165  

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2022, 03:34 PM   #16
YC1

Before condemning the motor you must make sure your batteries are up to the test.

Your house/salesman solenoid could have controlled the charging path but I do not know for sure without a lot of digging. Once you got it functioning maybe the batteries came up to speed.

Battery condition is critical in these monsters and cause a tremendous amount of grief. Mostly to to the lack of understanding their systems.

It takes time to learn them for sure but this forum should get you up to speed.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 04:18 PM   #17

Right on Myron. You are an asset to the forum, and maybe to the world.
edge68474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 06:04 PM   #18

Thanks. So ours has two slide outs. One long one on the drivers side and then a smaller one in the back at the bedroom on the passenger side. That’s where the motor is to that slide out. Under the bed and a place there to be able to hand crank it. I’ll take pics soon and send.
Old 02-10-2022, 06:44 PM   #19

Ok. Thank you. Now I see how you could access that slide. Looking forward to pics.
Old 02-10-2022, 08:09 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrybns View Post
So we have a 2007 Holiday Rambler that we just bought. We have a few issues to resolve before we can hit the road. I’ll try to describe best I can the problem right now that is baffling us the most. So all the inside lights work however we had to bypass the switch that is in between the storage and battery switch. My husband has traced it down to what he thinks is a solenoid but we’re not sure. We’re trying to get numbers off of it to try to replace it. I take it that it’s the main power for the inside lights. Does anyone know what I’m talking about ?
The part that is on that board that failed is a relay. It can be purchased on ebay. Relay part number 963-16-12DS Power Relay https://www.ebay.com/itm/114002091426
You just have to remove the solder and install the new relay.
mlpeloquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 08:37 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlpeloquin View Post
The part that is on that board that failed is a relay. It can be purchased on ebay. Relay part number 963-16-12DS Power Relay https://www.ebay.com/itm/114002091426
You just have to remove the solder and install the new relay.
Says it's from China and it must come by slow boat. Delivery is middle of March to March 28th I believe it said. I know it's not always possible, but I try to stay away from Chinese parts. JMHO
Old 02-10-2022, 11:24 PM   #22

Battery condition may be possible, but I am not convinced. That goofy salesman switch can play havoc with your systems and I am a fan of eliminate one thing, check the results. I just went through this with slides and it turned to be the thing that "no Monaco owner has ever had fail". Ah-hem. I do however recommend checking and rechecking the free movement of the slide in question from every angle.
Iceclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 07:06 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge68474 View Post
Hi Sherrybns. I am wondering where my motor is for my slideout as well. I have a long one on the drivers side. Did I read that right. You had to get under the bed and take the floor out to see the motor etc??
One thing on slide outs that I learned. Your batteries have to be up to snuff for the slides to work properly. If you don't have one, get yourself a multimeter so you can check voltage on everything etc. I have 2, lol. I could not find the first one so I bought another. They are REAL handy to have around. Maybe you already have one.
Do you have any pictures of the outside etc? You said it is a good looking rig. I'd like to see it, thanks. My paint is in real good shape. Just needs washing right now. Even a little dirty it still looks good. So it's a project for you, that's nice really. There will always be something to be done, I call it a hobby. I enjoy puttering around on it. And the interior is in pretty good shape also. Could use new carpet, but really no hurry there. I may have forgot, but my coach has only one slide, what they call full length. I like that because most of the others I've seen which are not full length, leaves the center part narrowed.
Anyway, that's it for now. Enjoy your coach. Show us some pics.
Take care.

EDIT: Your husband seems to have some good skills. He is tackling it pretty good it looks like.
I just reread your post. The back slideout for our bedroom on the passenger side, the motor is under the bed. We took the mattress off and the board under the mattress and there were more boards forming a box. We had to get in there to get to that motor , a pain in the butt. Then we have a long slideout on the drivers side to the living room area its huge, I don't where where that motor is as of yet anyways. I will take pics of the rv at some point but we have it in our garage and its tight in there with the other stuff so a good pic is almost impossible right now.Its 35' long and we have our 25' older rv in ther as well. We're heading out next week in the old one so now we gotta try to get the old one out of the garage. Not complaining just telling the story. When we get this rv on the road we wil sell the older model.....everything just takes time. When I get the pics do I post here in thse comments or where? Anyways thank all of you for helping! One day at a time ...Its so cold here in MD, hard to work on this thing in the darn cold.
Old 02-11-2022, 07:22 AM   #24

I copy all that Sherry. I really like the long slide. I have only one.
Yes, just attach your pics , when you get them, into a post on this thread.
I think they have a photo section in the forum but I haven't used it yet.
I will find a pic of my coach and add to this post.
Thank you Sherry.

I don't like the cold either. I don't get much done then. We live in WA, the wet side.
That pic is in AZ. Back road between Phoenix and Tucson. There was lots of places to pull off and park. We spent one night out there.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Hwy79.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	301.4 KB
ID:	356218  

Tags
2007, power, problems