Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2022, 07:40 PM   #1

2008 fleetwood no dash AC

My compressor recently seized. I replaced it and had it serviced and leak checked. My AC will not come on. The blower and temperature on the panel work, but not AC light. I checked and verified I have continuity through the AC switch. I know there are pressure switches, but I have not a clue where they are. I did not see them in the engine or the front compartment. Any guidance help would be awesome. I live in Vegas and AC is a necessity.
Jason_hallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2022, 08:12 AM   #2

Follow the low and high lines from the compressor and you'll find the ports. If the compressor isn't turning on you likely have a leak in the system and with no sufficient charge the AC compressor won't turn on.
VIN#1GBJP37N4R3314754
Flight System G-Man 360 generator man (PM me)
1972VWbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 03:40 PM   #3

Imho .. you need to get a book on basic automotive air conditioning repair.. any good auto parts store will have one.. or order online.. or take it back to a/c shop.. there should be some kind of warranty with labor.. sence they leak tested it.. if you decide to take on the work yourself.. you are going to need the book.. any good auto parts store will rent you all the special tools you need for free.. 1st though.. you need to check fuses and relay.. you may find after reading the book.. that shop burned you.. you would not be the 1st one. Most of us had to resort to dyi because shops just burn you..
Good luck and keep us posted
Old 09-25-2022, 09:13 PM   #4

Is “continuity through the switch” the same thing as “power @ the switch?”

We had a mobile service replace seized compressor, etc.. All went well until the compressor would not run. Mechanic was certain it was a fuse but it took a call to Rev to find it. 10 amp inline fuse, buried under the dash, next to the Denso unit.
Cincy Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 04:57 AM   #5

My 2008 Expedition has 2 fuses under dash, the fuse panel had to be loosened to get to the second fuse.

If the AC light is out, a under the dash fuse is blown, that circuit sends the voltage to the compressor.

One of the troubleshooting things done was to hook up separate 12v to AC compressor while engine running, if it kicks on then no power is supplied (fuse).
Old 09-26-2022, 05:24 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
AC problems

I second the fuse under the dash. I had some of the same problems you are having. Mine turned out to be a bad connection at the pressure switch that is buried in the condenser box. I believe that switch to be the high pressure switch. I found my problem by accident. But I did find all the fuses that we are talking about. I would unplug all connections behind the kick panel just infront of the passenger seat. Clean the connections and reassemble them. That fixed my problem. Good luck.
Ledawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 07:51 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I third the fuses under the dash. There are usually two near the driver's right foot/knee.
Old 09-26-2022, 11:57 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The fuse for the a/c compressor was taped onto an existing wire harness and was a glass cartridge fuse with metal holders on each end. I had to remove the fuse boxes inside the swing out panel to get to the fuse. I'll post a pic of mine.
BTW...it took me days to find this.

Good luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash air fuse location.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	286.3 KB
ID:	377385  
Old 09-26-2022, 01:17 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichKimball View Post
The fuse for the a/c compressor was taped onto an existing wire harness and was a glass cartridge fuse with metal holders on each end. I had to remove the fuse boxes inside the swing out panel to get to the fuse. I'll post a pic of mine.
BTW...it took me days to find this.

Good luck
What a hack job!
Old 09-26-2022, 01:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayward3411 View Post
My 2008 Expedition has 2 fuses under dash, the fuse panel had to be loosened to get to the second fuse.

If the AC light is out, a under the dash fuse is blown, that circuit sends the voltage to the compressor.

One of the troubleshooting things done was to hook up separate 12v to AC compressor while engine running, if it kicks on then no power is supplied (fuse).
I was going to put 12v straight to the compressor. And I will tear into the dash more. I never looked past the fuse panel didnít think they would put inline fuse under the dash. Thanks for the ideas. I will follow up with what I find.
Jason_hallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 01:27 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_hallen View Post
I was going to put 12v straight to the compressor. And I will tear into the dash more. I never looked past the fuse panel didnít think they would put inline fuse under the dash. Thanks for the ideas. I will follow up with what I find.
It's buried in there but you'll find them.
Old 09-26-2022, 03:37 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglee25 View Post
What a hack job!
Is this post supposed to be complimentary? Gee
Old 09-26-2022, 03:43 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
From the Denso service manual FYI.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 3.42.56 PM.png
Views:	10
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	377393  
Old 09-26-2022, 03:51 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichKimball View Post
Is this post supposed to be complimentary? Gee
The builder! I can't believe Fleetwood would put an open fuse hanging like that under the dash. It's a huge fire hazard to begin with. And it's just hanging there completely unsupported.

Tags
dash, fleetwood