Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2016, 06:18 PM   #1

2009 Four Winds Hurricane 33H motorhome

2009 Four Winds Hurricane 33H Class A motorhome, with Ford V-10. 16,000 miles.
I am going to take Kelly to look at this motorhome tomorrow.. I looked at it today. It is in great looking shape, inside outside , underneath and on top. Tires are new 2016.

Anything that I should look out for?? It has a 5000 pound hitch on it now. Can I put a heavier hitch on it. 10,000 pound hitch. I would like to tow my racecar trailer 2 or 3 times a year. Would weigh about 8000 pounds.

Thanks for any help, Paul
Dartsport540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2016, 07:28 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
As a 31D Hurricane ower what I would advise to check is delamination around the below floor storage compartment doors. The fiberglass should be very stiff with no give what so ever when push on. If you can get on the roof check the sealant for both the front and rear caps to roof and around the shower sky light. No splits or cracking. Even a hairline split will let water in.

The Hurricane's are good basic rigs. Not a lot of bling or flash but easy to maintain and with simple systems easy to fix even for a shade tree mechanic but water leaks will quickly shorten it's working life.

The hitch change is going to a problem. If you crawl under the back end you'll find extensions on the very long framing behind the rear axle. Also there might not be enough capacity in chassis to tow 5K lbs. What you are asking the coach to do might be pushing it's limits.

Good luck.
Sweetbriar is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
four winds, hurricane, motorhome