RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2020, 11:40 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
2011 Itasca Ellipse Chasis Cutoff Switch

Good afternoon. I took my 2011 Itasca Ellipse 42QD on a trip this weekend and experienced an issue with my chassis cutoff. I have had times in the past when my slides would not operate so I turn off the chassis cutoff and then back on and it always works for me. This time when I turned the chassis switch off it did not come back on. I did not hear the solenoid click. It just would not work. At the same time, I was still able to start the engine and use the level legs.

What concerned me the most is that the driver's side full-wall slide was fully extended. I was not able to retract it until I pulled the slide panel switch and used the emergency button on the back to walk each side of the slide in. Fearing that I would not be able to start the engine again if I shut it off I retired home.

There have been multiple times in the past when I have tried to turn the chassis switch on and it would click continuously until I released the button.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy
jealoussea is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2020, 03:53 PM   #2

Sounds like you have to track the relay down , by the click it makes , and replace it or figure out how to by-pass it in an emergency.

Are you aware of this site for Winnebago wiring help?

Wiring Diagrams
Old 12-01-2020, 08:09 PM   #3

Have not had that issue with the chassis battery switch. I’ve used it twice since we’ve had the coach since new, both times when switching out chassis batteries. Bad chassis battery switch or relay?????

On the slides, that “emergency button” is a fault reset that then allows you to bring in the slides by operating both the in and out buttons at the same time. In our experience the fault light is triggered by a slide sensor not properly registering complete extension of the slides. This happens a couple of times a year and FWIW usually after a hot day of travel and in hot weather. Never had to try chassis battery cutoff to reset the fault light, always unscrewed the control panel for the slide, pressed the fault reset microswitch and brought the slide in. Next operation of slide is uneventful.
toddb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca, switch