Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2018, 06:07 PM   #1

2011 Winnie Tour Intermittent brake light/turn signal problem

Our right side rear brake lights/turn signal works intermittently on our 2011 Winnebago Tour - so it's not a fuse - any other thoughts of what it would be? It doesn't matter if the key is in ignition, engine on/off, parked/driving. Anyone had same issue & solved it? Appreciate your thoughts! Thanks.

Kelli
Patchespal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2018, 02:55 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Kelli! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

I would try removing and cleaning the bases of the bulbs.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:01 PM   #3

Out of curiosity, what does it do when using the 4-way flashers?

(from your screen name, did you grow up in Seattle by any chance?)
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:58 PM   #4

Check the ground wire connection.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc View Post
Out of curiosity, what does it do when using the 4-way flashers? No turn signals or flashers when they go out. Do get 'running lights' only when we turn the lights on.

(from your screen name, did you grow up in Seattle by any chance?)
Yes - great catch - was wondering if anyone would get it!
Old 05-07-2018, 11:11 PM   #6

(I remember watching JP every morning before leaving for school starting around 1958 or so ...2nd or 3rd grade? Hard to believe it was on a black and white tube TV. My memories of it are in color, however. Strange.)

Welcome to the forum. Let us know how you solve that turn signal problem. I misspoke about asking what happens when using the 4-ways as I didn't notice your mentioning that it's the brake light also. If the brake light on the right side is also intermittent, then it isn't what I was thinking. Check what the others have said first ...cleaning bulb connection and check ground wire assuming you have a combination brake/turn signal which sounds as if you do. I'm sure others will chime in with more help if you're still having problems.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 10:45 PM   #7

We found one connection that seems to control those lights - cleaned it and re-connected. Seems to be working now - but it is so intermittent that we don't really know if anything we did was helpful or not. We shall see!
Old 05-08-2018, 10:46 PM   #8

By the way - we appreciate everyone's advice. We will see if it is fixed or continues. If it continues, we will be back for more advice on this issue.

-Kelli & Don
Old 06-20-2018, 02:16 PM   #9

Tail Light mystery SOLVED.....finally!

We had our Tour in a new shop for some work and asked them to look at the tail light intermittent issue. Well, after putting about 20 miles on it (they needed to drive it somewhere else for some of the work), they told us it never happened for them - they had one of their guys following it to make sure. So, we go to pick it up and as soon as my husband puts it in gear and starts driving down the driveway to the main road, of course the lights aren't working on the right side! I ran into the shop to get someone to come out and look at it and realize we are NOT delirious....we left it with them as they started to dig into the problem. Come to find out, they were always driving it with the steering wheel in the upright position....we both drive it with the steering wheel tilted towards us. It was a bad connection somewhere in the steering column area and affected both the turn signal and brake lights on the right rear. Problem solved.....finally!

Tags
light, brake