Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2014, 08:47 PM   #1

2012 American Revolution tire pressure?

I've done a lot of searching and the dealer where I bought my coach has not been much help. All my tires say that the max pressure is 120#. When I checked my tire pressures my steers were 115 pounds and my drives and tags were at about 85 pounds. What pressure is the right pressure for my tags and drives. I ran them up to 105 and did not really notice any difference in the ride. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.
Thanks, Jerry
gvenlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2014, 12:26 AM   #2

You need to get your coach weight,( loaded ready for travel with a full tank of fuel) at each corner preferably, if not possible right away, then each axle for now , then download an inflation chart from your tire manufacturer. Only way to be sure you're running the correct pressure.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:39 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
You need to get your coach weight,( loaded ready for travel with a full tank of fuel) at each corner preferably, if not possible right away, then each axle for now , then download an inflation chart from your tire manufacturer. Only way to be sure you're running the correct pressure.

Ditto

Cliff , Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:36 AM   #4

The manufacturer should have put a sticker somewhere with the suggested pressure per axel. I have a Fleetwood product and it to the left of the drivers seat. From there you can make adjustments as per the other recommendations.

Good luck.

2009 Fleetwood Expedition 38F
2013 Scion XB toad

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 05-11-2014, 05:36 AM   #5

Weighting is the best but to get close it's on my chassis ID tag 95 in rear 115 fronts.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:25 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Weighing the coach is the best option, but in the meantime...

I had insisted the dealer weigh our coach with full water and fuel before we took delivery. It was not possible, with the facilities available at the time, to get individual wheel weights. I was left with almost 9k lbs of CCC with full fuel and water (our model is the 42W). There is no way we've put 9k of "stuff" in the coach so for the purpose of setting tire pressure I made the assumption I was at full gross weight for each axle and used the pressures from the Michelin chart (available on their web site) to determine where I should set our pressures.

Based on MY results, you're high on all axles. After adding 5lbs as a safety factor I ended up with 110 in the steer axle, 80 for the drive axle and 75 for the tag. This made a big difference in ride quality.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:13 PM   #7

As long as you did not weigh, we will have to do with the GAWR's ( gross axle weight ratings) front back and tagg, and howmany tires per axle.
Can be found on the same plate as the pressure advices in America.

Then from the tires the maximum load and needed pressure for that ( 120 psi yours given already) and if different tires per axle.

To make it complete also give GVWR ( V for Vehicle) and max speed of tires ( probably N for up to 140KM/87m/h.

then I will give a picture of my motorhome calculator in my answering post.
jadatis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire pressure