Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #1

2012 entegra anthem coach

we are planning on buying a entegra motor coach 42rbq and would
like to know what people have to say about the coach, GOOD OR BAD
Thanks
kelvin
kelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2011, 08:23 PM   #2

We at the factory now with about 70 items on the list. PM me with an email and I'll send you a copy. Next time will be a bus.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:58 PM   #3

entegra coach

kelvinb9@comcast.net
kelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:47 AM   #4

And you think a bus will be less issues, think again. I had a new 43 bus next to me at Lazy Days 3 months ago and he was there 2 months getting over 80 write ups repaired. He was livid. And many more other than him.
Lault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lault View Post
And you think a bus will be less issues, think again. I had a new 43 bus next to me at Lazy Days 3 months ago and he was there 2 months getting over 80 write ups repaired. He was livid. And many more other than him.
I'm thinking Prevost or Newell......one with the new knocked off.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin View Post
email sent....feel free to give me a call.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:08 AM   #7

We have a Travel Supreme Select Limited. This is the predecessor to the Entegra Coach by Jayco. This is our 3rd Travel supreme. If the chassis is by Spartan I recommend going to Michigan and have The Spartan service center go right thru your coach. We did this after our purchase and have not had any issues with the coach. This is a 2008 coach but if they made an Entegra on the Spartan K3 chassis we would upgrade in the future. I heard this saying at a national convention “first time buyers pay attention to 90 % above the floor” “ 90 % of experienced buyers pay attention to the features below the floor”, just my thoughts Have a great motorhome experience.
Vaportrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:53 PM   #8

Got you bullheaded. Makes since.
Lault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:00 AM   #9

Gulf Streamers Club
We are previous owners of an 06 TS 42DL14, bought it used, had it for two years, put 20k miles on it, no issues, and loved it! We now have a 2011 Entegra Cornerstone....WOW!..what a fantastic coach. Quality is still there. We are on our first trip now, it started in TX, in CA now, three weeks later and all is PERFECT! We looked at other coaches, new and used in this price range, but this was it for us. Maybe not as much storage as others but their styling and quality sold us. PM me with your phone # if you like.
Bullheaded, change of heart??? I have been waiting for the 2012 models to come out and have been following all posts on this forum, u sounded pretty excited not to long ago, sounds like many issues have surfaced
racefn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:09 AM   #10

They are all really small issues....just shouldn't be our responsibility to have fixed. BTW we still love the coach...most of the time.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:20 AM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
My 2011 Insignia is my 3rd new coach and everyone of them have had MANY small problems which "shouldn't" be there but are. My biggest complaint with this one is an un-believable amount of "no" to wrong info in the 50# of manuals you get with it (and they didn't even incl an owners manual with the 50#....!!!!)
I still cannot find the the air manifold to hookup an air hose, or the cables to empty the condensation out of the bag system and so on.
mccsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
We have a 2011 Anthem and are really happy with it. Like with every coach(or house for that matter), there were some small issues but so far all were fixed. I can’t imagine buying anything that complex and not having a few issues, as long as they are small, no worries!! When the time comes, I will look at Entegra first.
MCCSIX, I realize we have different chassis' but my manifold is on the passenger side, second compartment back and the air release lanyards were in front of the passenger side front wheel, mostly hidden by a dirt deflector. And I agree, the manuals do suck!! Finding stuff sometimes becomes an adventure!
Gary
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
Gary thanks for tips , but I've inspected every compartment 4 or 5 times and the only manifold in sight is the one for a propane hookup. This is the same manifold that the the selling dealer tech ass't ID'ed on the 1st walk around as the air manifold, and on the second time around as the propane manifold!?!? I have called Freightliner & they say its in the middle front over the axle!?!? I have have looked in the FL manual and it says it is in the last pass compartment...wrong that's they where put 400# of useless SCR/DEF tanks. I have called Entegra and was told it was in the drivers side front compartment...NOT there just wires & breakers.FYI don't ask them anything about docking lights either.
I will look around the front wheel area for my missing lanyards...maybe they're wrapped around my missing manifold.
mccsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccsix View Post
I will look around the front wheel area for my missing lanyards...maybe they're wrapped around my missing manifold.

LOL

If it's any consolation, I bought an air compressor anyway because mine was sooo slow.

Gary
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote