Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2022, 04:41 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
2014 Entegra Cornerstone Entry door Question

Good afternoon,

We just picked up a 2014 Cornerstone and have a question about the entry door staying open. The door does not have any tension keeping the door open. It is free swinging.

Is there a mechanism to dampen opening and hold open?

I took the door swing limit bar off to see if there was something broken, but it is just a hinged bar to keep the door from opening too far.

Thanks for any input.

v/r Lance
SUBVET30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2022, 04:54 PM   #2

The posi lock mechanism at top of the door needs replaced. You can call any Nirvc parts or service department of your Entegra dealer. The posi lock is the hinge mechanism attached to top door frame and to the door.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 04:58 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Just had to replace the door hold open mechanism on my Tiffin. Not sure if yours is the same but here's the link to the arm with the hold open from PTL
https://ptlengineering.com/order-par...t13oZCQkChxdJY
The hold open mechanism is a pin that has an interference fit into a curved slot.
Nildecaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 05:13 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
It’s the same mechanism. PTL is the manufacturer. Time for a replacement.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 05:55 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Just replaced mine on my 2014 Anthem. Send PTL an email with your rig info and they will let you know which one you need.
Later...
Ray
RayandWendy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 06:09 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayandWendy View Post
Just replaced mine on my 2014 Anthem. Send PTL an email with your rig info and they will let you know which one you need.
Later...
Ray
Hi Ray

Where does this attach? I looked at the photos from PTL and we do not have anything like it on our coach.

Be safe

Dr. Mike
Dr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 06:35 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Mike View Post
Hi Ray

Where does this attach? I looked at the photos from PTL and we do not have anything like it on our coach.

Be safe

Dr. Mike
If it is not on your coach, that is why you door won’t stay open. It screws into the top of your door and the upper door frame.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 06:50 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Exactly as Marc says. It goes between top of door and frame. Provides a latch open for the door as well as preventing the door from over swinging. If you look on the top of the door there will be 8 small screw holes and the same the on the top of the frame. A new arm comes with new screws as well
Later...
Ray
Old 04-09-2022, 08:07 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks everyone.

Will order asap.

thanks again!

v/r lance
SUBVET30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 05:22 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Just looked at the prices....they have doubled in the past couple of years. There are a couple of maintenance tips to keep it lasting longer. Keep the locking tab sprayed with silicone spay. Once it dries out, the locking tab start opening and it no longer will be locking, also spray the rivet joint where the bar bents to close. Do not let the wind catch the door and slam it open, that loosen the large rivet.

Once the bar starts to wear or has been bent out, the bar can be remove, put in a vice then with a large hammer beat the locking tab back into position that has been bent or worn. If the rivet is loose, it can also be hit hard to put it back in shape. A fresh coat of spay paint and $120. saved. Just a few years that bar was $65 and I thought that was nut for what it is....I will really pay attention to to keeping mine sprayed with silicone now and often.

For a field repair if it stops locking, put a zip tie around the door pin where the bar locks onto. I know a few that that has been their permit fix. A package of 100 zip ties are $1.99 at Harbor Freight, vs $119.95 for a new latching bar.
Learned those tips on the TS that I owned for 11 years that still had the original door bar. I think they were $24.95 back then.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 06:54 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
I tried the zip tie thing. It just kept cutting my zip ties. Tried thin ones and thick ones. Finally gave up and bought a new one. I figure once every eight years isn't too bad especially since I have no clue how previous owners may have treaded it.
Later...
Ray
Old 04-10-2022, 07:27 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayandWendy View Post
I tried the zip tie thing. It just kept cutting my zip ties. Tried thin ones and thick ones. Finally gave up and bought a new one. I figure once every eight years isn't too bad especially since I have no clue how previous owners may have treaded it.
Later...
Ray
I have successfully used a zip tie for 4 months until I got home. Can't say it will work for everyone, but it did for me until I got home with the hammer and vise. I have seen others post that it has been their "forever" fix.
If the previous owner never lube it and the edge wore sharp, it would cut into wire ties as soon at they were installed. However a rat tail file would have fixed that. Those bars are a simple piece of metal and easily repairable. Just passing along what has worked in the past if it will benefit others. Without proper maintenance, it will be an often replaced item, now at $120. instead of the old $24.95
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 08:10 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck,
I will definitely keep your suggestions in mind for the future to be able to make this one last longer.
Later...
Ray
Old 04-10-2022, 01:33 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Chuck, Thanks for the maintenance suggestions. I was debating what I should do to avoid replacing my new one once I get it installed.
Nildecaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, entegra, entry door