Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2015, 08:04 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
2015 ACE 30.2 automatic relay transfer---------

Mine almost caught fire. The neutral wire wasn't tightened & the heat it produced burned through the other wires. The problem is this thing is located underneath the bed & the only way we caught it was when my wife was making up the bed & told me how hot the bed board was. When I checked it out it was smoldering. My grandsons were with us on this trip & I shutter to think what could have happened while we were sleeping. I'm mad as hell about this but not sure of any recourse. It really makes me wonder about the rest of the wiring throughout the coach. I've already had to have them fix several things under the factory warranty with the major one being replumbing the bathroom as they had the cold water/hot water lines reversed. Our toilet was plumbed with hot water. How the heck does things like this fail to be found upon quality control inspection. Any suggestions on who I should contact at Thor to show my displeasure?
coachk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2015, 08:09 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Wow! That was close. I was just under the bed this weekend and was connecting my inverter so I checked those connection in the transfer switch. Thanks for posting this for people. Doubt you have any recourse but I would at the least call and let them know!
Old 05-04-2015, 08:48 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Definitely Contact Thor

Brian helped me out recently.
877-855-2867;2080. I had a direct short in the outside shower. There is a metal panel that they mount the light to. The wires were trimmed back too far so that a quarter inch of copper was exposed and shorted on the panel. Also there was no grommet to protect the insulation from chaffing. All of the cargo lights were trimmed bad. The 120VAC circuits checked out ok but I am going to double check. I am not sure that Thor does any quality checks and I doubt that they train their assembliers. My 29.2 spent most if the first year in the shop. I used it three times and every time something else failed. Keep an eye on the primary propane tank valve. Mine sprung a leak on the second outing. The slideout moved out when I made a right turn and in during the left turns. Thor used the high gear ratio slide motors and gears both motors went bad. Good Luck!!
JimtownMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace