Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2015, 09:55 PM   #15

Tom, I'm curious what Lazy Days is charging for the Tyron bands.

We just bought a '12 Winnebago Tour from LD and of course the finance guy pressured us pretty hard to buy the Tyrons. (Along with every other extra they could think of). We declined them all. After taking delivery of the coach and obtaining the service records from Lazy Days service I discovered the original owner had the Tyrons installed as part of their original purchase. Makes me wonder if we would have accepted the deal to buy the Tyrons, would they still have charged us after figuring out they were already there. We've purchased 3 coaches from Lazy a Days in the past 10 years. Each time w've learned a little more about their sales tactics. I'm not complaining, just warning others to do their homework before agreeing to anything. If anyone thinks Lazy a Days or any other dealer won't take advantage of an inexperienced buyer think again. With that being said, I'm sure we still left money on the table despite having learned a few lessons over the years.

Incidentally, while we were sitting with the finance guy the price of the GAP insurance magically dropped by 50%. I don't need GAP but I'm betting I could buy it even cheaper on the open market.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I firmly believe you've got to work to keep them honest. The VIN designation is a perfect example.

Safe travels.

2012 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2015, 06:37 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
These coaches have power steering I don't understand why everyone thinks a stabilizer is required to recover from a blow out.
WHile I do not disagree with Al at all, I put the stabilizer on for added safety and handling on my Bounder. The Tyrons are $2000 for the front set and very expensive, I thought the Roadmaster steering stab gave me added protection for front blow outs as well as steering control for far less ($350). Also I would check and make sure your steering wheel is properly aligned (emblem straight while wheels are straight) this was pointed out to me when I had the stabilizer installed ( mine is at about 11 o'clock straight) and will haveit corrected at the factory. Lazy days will correct it if it is not right away. Small thing but I would check it if you have the chance. Congrats on the new coach and to you to Al!!!
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 08:24 AM   #17

Tyron bands cost me $1,905 installed. I agree that you need to question everything with any dealer. But, this is also my second RV purchase from Lazy Days. I've negotiated to the best of my ability. (This is not my first rodeo.) That said, I feel Lazy Days and my salesman (Louis Parks) in particular have gone the extra mile to be reasonable and fair. I would recommend Lazy Days and Lou...

Tom Miller
Brooklyn, Mi. 49230
tmiller730@frontier.com
2016 Fleetwood Storm 30 L/G
Old 12-18-2015, 08:36 AM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMiller View Post
Tyron bands cost me $1,905 installed. I agree that you need to question everything with any dealer. But, this is also my second RV purchase from Lazy Days. I've negotiated to the best of my ability. (This is not my first rodeo.) That said, I feel Lazy Days and my salesman (Louis Parks) in particular have gone the extra mile to be reasonable and fair. I would recommend Lazy Days and Lou...
I also purchased from Lazy Days and overall was quite pleased with my salesman ( Brian Hill) there were things I missed and things I learned but overall they did all I ask and more. I live in Okla so it was a big decision to go to Tampa to purchase and pick up, they were very good with the whole process.
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood, transmission