Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2016, 07:23 AM   #1

2016 Georgetown XL 369 Issues

Just pick up our RV from MHSRV.com on Friday. It was a use 2016 with 4,200 miles on it and I have the following problems that I have not resolve:

1. Dash Board Aircondition: Even though temp hit 106 degrees coming back, the air condition got kind of cool, but not cold. Folks riding in the back was catching hell due to the air. May have to take it to the Ford place to have it check out. However, was wondering if anyone else had this problem extreme heat?

2. Generator issue: On the road back to OKC, to keep my wife from going crazy due to the indoor heat, turn on the generator, however, could not run the house air condition and I notice that the microwave light did not come on. Bottom line, there was no power getting to either appliance.

That it for now. Other than the above issue, I love our new Georgtown XL 369

Charles.
Nupe51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2016, 02:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nupe51 View Post
Just pick up our RV from MHSRV.com on Friday. It was a use 2016 with 4,200 miles on it and I have the following problems that I have not resolve:

1. Dash Board Aircondition: Even though temp hit 106 degrees coming back, the air condition got kind of cool, but not cold. Folks riding in the back was catching hell due to the air. May have to take it to the Ford place to have it check out. However, was wondering if anyone else had this problem extreme heat?

2. Generator issue: On the road back to OKC, to keep my wife from going crazy due to the indoor heat, turn on the generator, however, could not run the house air condition and I notice that the microwave light did not come on. Bottom line, there was no power getting to either appliance.

That it for now. Other than the above issue, I love our new Georgtown XL 369

Charles.
The dash air will not keep the entire coach cool in hot weather. It is good for driver and passenger but that's about it. Still, the air should be coming out cold. May need to have it checked.

The generator,, our older class A had an automatic switchgear but our newer doesn't. I would guess that yours does have this but if it not, then you have to manually plug the service cord into the generator receptacle. It should be in the same compartment as the cord. Something else, the generator itself has a breaker on it so make sure it is not tripped or turned off. And then, inside the coach, find your converter panel and make sure you don't have any breakers tripped.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:35 AM   #3

Here is my status:

1. Dash Air: Have not had that one checked out yet. However, I realize that it would not keep the entire coach cool, however, I was having problems keeping cool as a drive. The air coming was cool, not cold. So I still have to have it checked out.

2. Generator: Has a problem not being able to run the roof air or microwave, while on the road with generator running. Come to find out that it was the circuit breaker on the generator. There are two 30amp switch and the one on the bottom was turn in the off position. Problem solve.

Thanks for all of input.

Charles Jackson
Nupe51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:21 AM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Nupe51, I bought a older rig from mhsrv last week too. I jumped your thread though because I saw your user name and by the sound of it thought you were a member of the divine 9. I am also. Your coach is newer than mine but go through it with a fine tooth comb. I have found some issues better to identify them now.

Tags
tow