Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2022, 07:59 PM   #1

2016 Newmar Bay Star 3124 - Wet Bay repairs needed

I've been a member of irv2 for a few years and truly appreciate the knowledge from you experts! First time posting - I had a surge of water pressure (yes, I have a pressure gauge but couldn't adjust it in time). It appears I have one water connection in the wet bay that is leaking (noted that when I tried to fill the water tank) and I believe I need to replace a coupling (or possibly a short hose) - Is there a way to remove the wet bay facing/facia, in the wet bay, so I can have full view of the plumbing behind it?

Any expertise would be appreciated. Thank you. -Randy
erniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2022, 09:45 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
It can be removed, but it's a tedious process. You have to remove screws on various components that are screwed to the panel. Some will come out with it, and some have hoses that have to be disconnected.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 12:49 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
It’s pretty common for those hose fitting connections to leak. In reality, they have a built-in check valve and sometimes that gets stuck allowing water to come out the hose connection end. Pretty easy to replace, just 3 screws hold them in and a threaded connection on back. I had my fresh water fill connection start leaking last summer and replaced in about 10 minutes (I have a 2014 3124).

Here’s an example replacement: https://www.amazon.com/KIPA-Connecto...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

2014 Newmar Bay Star 3124
2015 Ford Edge Titanium
Bcondrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 02:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by erniii View Post
I've been a member of irv2 for a few years and truly appreciate the knowledge from you experts! First time posting - I had a surge of water pressure (yes, I have a pressure gauge but couldn't adjust it in time). It appears I have one water connection in the wet bay that is leaking (noted that when I tried to fill the water tank) and I believe I need to replace a coupling (or possibly a short hose) - Is there a way to remove the wet bay facing/facia, in the wet bay, so I can have full view of the plumbing behind it?

Any expertise would be appreciated. Thank you. -Randy
I'm trying to understand the " I didn't have time to adjust the pressure regulator " Normally you would set it one time for your desired pressure and never touch it again. I've been using my current one for 3 years and haven't changed it since I bought it.
Old 01-24-2022, 08:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
It can be removed, but it's a tedious process. You have to remove screws on various components that are screwed to the panel. Some will come out with it, and some have hoses that have to be disconnected.
Thanks Don - Fortunately, I didn't have to remove it. I was able to stick my head under, far enough to change out the fitting. I appreciate your reply!
Old 01-24-2022, 08:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSuper View Post
I'm trying to understand the " I didn't have time to adjust the pressure regulator " Normally you would set it one time for your desired pressure and never touch it again. I've been using my current one for 3 years and haven't changed it since I bought it.
You're right - that's typically the way, in this case I think the gauge froze and when I went to the water bay to switch from tank fill to City water, when I returned to the gauge it jumped from 50lbs to 80lbs, even when I turned the screw all the way down on the regulator. Time for a new regulator!
Old 01-24-2022, 08:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcondrey View Post
It’s pretty common for those hose fitting connections to leak. In reality, they have a built-in check valve and sometimes that gets stuck allowing water to come out the hose connection end. Pretty easy to replace, just 3 screws hold them in and a threaded connection on back. I had my fresh water fill connection start leaking last summer and replaced in about 10 minutes (I have a 2014 3124).

Here’s an example replacement: https://www.amazon.com/KIPA-Connecto...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Thanks Bob - you hit the nail on the head. Of all the connections behind that panel, I wasn't sure which one had blown. But it was the elbow swivel connecting to the Fill intake fixture. Got it replaced and it's working like a charm (and dry)!

Tags
air, bay star, newmar, repair, repairs