Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2021, 08:28 AM   #1

2017 Newmar Canyon Star small slideout.

I have a newmar canyon star 3911. The small slideout in the bedroom passenger side does not go all the way out on the top. I took it to a rv repair shop that newmar suggests. They said they tried everything, adjusting the awning, checked seals and what ever else they tried. They said they were in contact with newmar engineers and still couldnít figure it out. So I took the rv back because I donít want it sitting and not using it. Has anyone with this model had a problem with that small slideout on the passenger side in the bedroom? I donít really mind so much how it looks. I just really worry about leaks. Now the slideout doesnít look like it goes all the way in. Sit out from the rv about 1/4Ē. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9393.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	432.6 KB
ID:	321737
gpdakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2021, 10:12 AM   #2

Sorry I can't help you with your issue... My bedroom slide has been working well.. (knock on wood)

Please post up the resolution when Newmar and the Shop get it figured out...

I always thought the top not going out all the way was an adjustment, or a sticky topper....

I will be curious to know what has caused this on your coach...
Old 03-19-2021, 10:50 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I am sure someone looked but was the top of the slide inspected to see if something was on top of it blocking it from going all the was out. Possibly molding or trim pieces?
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 11:25 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Just throwing out an idea, repair shop may have already done it, but can you loosen the bottom carriage bolts and push the bottom of the slide inward?
Old 03-20-2021, 01:21 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We had the same slide out issues on our 2019 Canyon Star 3719. Slide is so light, the slide topper tension holds the top back.

We did factory pick up and they worked it that whole week. it was obvious at the end that my choices were unassisted deployment with a sloppy slide topper or getting the slide topper tight enough to prevent premature wear and then assisting deployment of the slide.

I had them tighten back up the topper, and then I would just push open the slide the last bit.

Tried again at warranty visit at factory, SSDD. Went back to the same method. Just got used to it.
New2road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 09:51 AM   #6

Sounds just like mine. Does yours leak at all? I can’t push on mine, I’m in a wheelchair and can’t reach. I don’t mind the way it looks so much as if it leaks because it’s not all the way out. So much for driving it up to newmar to have them look at it. Sounds like they won’t be able to fix it either. Thanks
Old 03-20-2021, 10:06 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We had the rig two years and it never leaked. I forgot a few times to push it out, wasn't that noticeable.

we keep our coach on lot in the mountains, pretty windy place, so topper tension was more important to me. I didn't want to team them up.
Old 03-21-2021, 01:02 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
ruminated overnight, funny how your mind doesn't let go of somethings.

Our slide was not difficult to move into final position. Just a quick shove in the center. I would think you could fabricate a padded push bar and get it in place. May have to apply pressure in a few spots but leverage should be there with right device.

j
Old 03-21-2021, 01:04 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Never say never on Newmar. Each of these beasts is unique in their own right. Your slide topper may be able to achieve the balance you seek.

I wouldn't drive up there just for that, but if I was there for something else i would give it a go.
Old 03-22-2021, 09:26 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2road View Post
ruminated overnight, funny how your mind doesn't let go of somethings.

Our slide was not difficult to move into final position. Just a quick shove in the center. I would think you could fabricate a padded push bar and get it in place. May have to apply pressure in a few spots but leverage should be there with right device.

j

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the input. I will make something to give me some leverage to push it out. Being in a wheelchair my mind is always going trying to figure out how to do things that I could do before. I will post pics when I come up with something.

Tags
canyon star, newmar, slide, slideout