Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2016, 09:39 AM   #1

2017 Rambler questions

New here so I hope I'm not breaking any rules asking more than one question. Just trying to keep my posts down to a minimum and not clutter up the forum.

Well with long studying, reviewing to the point where ours eyes were bleeding, we have finally decided to settle on a 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer XE 32A.

1) I see listed on the other build sheets we acquired it comes with "Winegard Stationary system". What is this?

2) We are also getting the full body paint. From what I have read the past few weeks, this clear mask is probably NOT good idea because it seems to have a lot of problems down the road. Do you know if I can order full body paint but tell them NOT apply the clear mask. What are thoughts on this HR clear mask?

3) Lastly, how does a Auto Generator Start work?

Is there anything else with new Vacationer Line I should be aware of, look for or consider to add when I order this coach?

Thanks so much. Love this forum. You ought to see all the notes i'm taking & my bookmarks folder. YIKES!
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2016, 10:25 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post

Thanks so much. Love this forum. You ought to see all the notes i'm taking & my bookmarks folder. YIKES!
Give it a few years . You'll need a bigger computer .

Winegard Stationary System . Is an automatic satellite dish system on the roof.
Stationary as opposed to in motion , that would track satellites while driving.

Lots of posts , about front " Masks " and issues , I don't have a mask , coach came with a front end bra , and they have there own set of issues.
You'd have to inquire about a factory delete, when ordering.

Gen set auto start. Another system that my old coach doesn't have .
But as I understand the system; when you're in an RV park, and the park power goes down , the auto start will run the gen set , to keep the A/C going and if equipped with a residential fridge , keep food cold. Some systems will also monitor battery voltage , if you're not on park power , and start up to charge the batteries.
Old 08-21-2016, 10:28 AM   #3

1) stationary system as opposed to in-motion system. Satellite system that is for use in a parked or stationary position only. Will not track the satellite while driving down the road.

2) with paint, if you don't get the mask the front of your coach will get really chipped up from road debris. We have an '04 HR with the clear mask (factory applied) and it has no issues. Looks good as new 12 years later. I think a lot of the issues are with masks put on aftermarket and pre installation prep was the issue.

3) auto start uses electronics to sense temp in coach when in a/c mode when temp is to hot and shore power is unavailable to run a/c units or batteries become in a low voltage state and need charging. The auto gen start feature has multiple functions to which gen power is started in the absence of shore power and I wish I had it in my unit.

Good luck!!

Tags
holiday rambler