Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2018, 08:20 AM   #1

2018 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 44H - Video Distribution

Hello! We are picking up a new Discovery 44H next week. I’m trying to get some things planned out. One question I had is on the video distribution. Does Fleetwood include any type of HDMI video distribution standard? I’m guessing not, but wanted to see if any current owners knew before I ordered a 4x4 HDMI matrix switch. I want to be able to put any source on any TV individually and also have IR control at each TV.

I can obviously wait until I get it and see the wiring but just curious if anyone knew the video setup. Are the TV’s connected by HDMI from the factory? Is there any type of video switch/splitter there?

Thanks! Chad
Radarthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2018, 09:33 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Chad! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! Don't know anything about Fleetwood. Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 10:39 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Hi Chad -

I don't have details on the 2018, but I can tell you that our 2017 40G has all HDMI connections to the TVs. On our unit, the bedroom and outside TV are tied together to a single source (in the bedroom), and the mid/front TVs are tied together using the front cabin source. Both the bedroom and front cabin av cabinets have satellite coax run to them (main up front, secondary to the back).

I ended up using a wireless HDMI solution to tie all 4 TV's together fed from the front cabin cabinet.
anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 12:03 PM   #4

Thank you! So are the two HDMI’s in each location already on a splitter? So say you put a DVD player in front do you just plug in one HDMI and it feeds both front/mid TV’s?

Or are there two HDMI cables in the front source to feed the front/mid TV’s and two HDMI cables in the back that feed the rear/outside?

Thanks again.

Chad
Old 03-11-2018, 02:24 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
There are two HDMI connections in each cabinet - one intended for SAT, the other for a DVD/Blu-ray. Each of the TV's has two HDMI connections already connected to it, one for each of the sources.

I have attached a copy of the entertainment schematic for our coach - it might help make sense of how our coach is wired. The Discovery underwent some significant changes between 2016 and 2017 and it sounds like this particular HDMI wiring scheme was new for 2017. I suspect the 2018's will be very similar.

Since I have everything fed from the front a/v cabinet, I only use the HDMI 1 input on all of the TV's. I put an HDMI switch in that cabinet and use it to switch sources. I have an RF universal remote that controls everything.

Enjoy your new rig - the waiting is the toughest part!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Entertainment_Overlay_Harness.pdf (75.3 KB, 208 views)
Old 03-11-2018, 05:52 PM   #6

Thanks for this, very helpful!
Old 03-11-2018, 06:36 PM   #7

It’s interesting that they show there are 2-CAT5’s going from the entertainment connection to the rear tv. I wonder what those are used for. Perhaps they are sending rear DVD up to the front TV using CAT5 HDMI extenders?

I sent a request to Fleetwood for a similar diagram for my coach. Will be curious to see if it’s similar. Thanks again!
Old 03-11-2018, 06:52 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
They do indeed use CAT5 to distribute the signal - probably cheaper and easier than running HDMI. Likely more reliable as well. There are two extenders in the back cabinet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180311_204336.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	195284  
Old 03-11-2018, 06:54 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
And I forgot to mention - Fleetwood will send you all of the schematics for your coach (electric, plumbing, HVAC, etc). All you need is the VIN.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:55 PM   #10

Very interesting! This is good to know. Thank you. Chad
Old 03-22-2018, 08:48 PM   #11

Do you have the in-motion satellite on your coach? If so, where is the power switch located? I don’t think I’ve seen it on mine but may have overlooked it in one of the cabinets.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:20 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radarthis View Post
Do you have the in-motion satellite on your coach? If so, where is the power switch located? I don’t think I’ve seen it on mine but may have overlooked it in one of the cabinets.
Yes, we do. The power switch on our unit is on the forward wall of the front A/V cabinet (above the passenger seat).
Old 03-25-2018, 12:06 PM   #13

Success!

Ok, thanks to your help I found the sat switch (Was hidden way back behind the DVD player in the ent cab). I also found all of the HDMI cables needed to put my 4x4 matrix switch in. Now I can put any source on any of the 4 tv’s and didn’t have to run any additional wires or use wireless.

Thanks so much for all of the tips/info!

Also - off the wall question since you own a Fleetwood. I had the coach in storage parked (without levelers down) for several days. When I went out to it I noticed the airbags had deflated as the front end was lowered way down. When I started it, they aired up just fine and it rose up. Is it normal to lose pressure over several days? Just making sure I don’t have a problem.

Thanks again! Chad
Old 03-25-2018, 05:20 PM   #14

Disregard. Talked to the dealer and they said its normal. All good.

Tags
cover, discovery, fleetwood