Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2019, 05:40 PM   #57

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mark View Post
Wow, exciting!

It looks like Foretravel is going to use the Prevost chassis for their 'top-of-the-line' motorhome listing at $2.8M. Cool! Looking forward to seeing if they follow through!

Mark
Prevost doesn't even use a chassis, as per say, so are you saying that Foretravel is going to start doing the bus conversions, like Marathon and others?

"The Prevost chassis, the benchmark of strength and safety, is constructed on a unibody structure. On uneven roads. the integrated Prevost chassis remains strong and rigid, preventing any twisting of the chassis floor. Cabinetry, flooring and appliances stay stable. An important factor in keeping your motor coach safe for years to come.
On other RV’s, the chassis is the lower structure, from the floor down. The walls, ceiling and caps are added later. It is not uncommon for other RV chassis to torque, or twist, when encountering uneven road surfaces. This twisting moves through objects attached to the floor, such as cabinetry, tile and appliances."
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2019, 05:54 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical36 View Post
Prevost doesn't even use a chassis, as per say, so are you saying that Foretravel is going to start doing the bus conversions, like Marathon and others?

"The Prevost chassis, the benchmark of strength and safety, is constructed on a unibody structure. On uneven roads. the integrated Prevost chassis remains strong and rigid, preventing any twisting of the chassis floor. Cabinetry, flooring and appliances stay stable. An important factor in keeping your motor coach safe for years to come.
On other RV’s, the chassis is the lower structure, from the floor down. The walls, ceiling and caps are added later. It is not uncommon for other RV chassis to torque, or twist, when encountering uneven road surfaces. This twisting moves through objects attached to the floor, such as cabinetry, tile and appliances."
Pretty sure he is saying Foretravel is going to use the Prevost chassis in building new motorhomes, or Foretravel bus conversions if you prefer. Not a big jump for them, for many years they built their own unibody style monocoque chassis.
Old 02-24-2019, 07:31 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical36 View Post

Yes, it appears that Foretravel is going to convert a Prevost bus chassis into a motorhome. Sorry I wasn't clear.

Another nice feature of the 'whole' chassis and structure being built by Prevost is that the Prevost service centers can take care of everything. That includes engine, transmission, chassis related items, windows, windshields, exterior trim, lights, tires, alignments.... anything related to the Prevost shell including the slide mechanisms.

Since the Prevost bus chassis's are mainly used for seated buses, the service centers are geared for them to 'get that coach back on the road' so it can continue to generate revenue. We, as Prevost bus chassis owners, get the benefit of that type service.

For anything related to 'house' portion, you have to take it back to the converter (Liberty Coach, Marathon, Millennium, Featherlite, etc., and now Foretravel). We have lithium Ion 'house' battery technology, so that would need to be serviced by the converter if needed.

Mark
Mr.Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:18 PM   #60

Foretravel as Converters

MHS cut a deal with Foretravel to produce the “Realm” to be marketed exclusively by MHS. This has worked well for both parties. This Prevost Conversion is, I believe, a test market for a similar deal. Foretravel has struggled with making a complete come back from the downturn a decade ago. The MHS deal has been healthy for both parties as I sad previously. The fact that MHS has the confidence in Foretravel to do a conversion says a ton. BTW the electric fans on the latest Provost frees up 75 HP.
VooDoo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:15 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo2 View Post
MHS cut a deal with Foretravel to produce the “Realm” to be marketed exclusively by MHS. This has worked well for both parties. This Prevost Conversion is, I believe, a test market for a similar deal. Foretravel has struggled with making a complete come back from the downturn a decade ago. The MHS deal has been healthy for both parties as I sad previously. The fact that MHS has the confidence in Foretravel to do a conversion says a ton. BTW the electric fans on the latest Provost frees up 75 HP.
Thing may have changed, but the Realm had been on a unique (At that time.) Spartan chassis. Foretravel is also using a Spartan chassis, I think also a bit different then the norm, for their IH37 coach hitting the RV shows now.

And I agree that Foretravel will adapt well to using the Prevost chassis!

Best to all,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:12 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
Thing may have changed, but the Realm had been on a unique (At that time.) Spartan chassis. Foretravel is also using a Spartan chassis, I think also a bit different then the norm, for their IH37 coach hitting the RV shows now.

And I agree that Foretravel will adapt well to using the Prevost chassis!

Best to all,
Smitty
I see that the new coach is already being advertised at MHSRV, so maybe a similar arrangement as the Realm?
Old 03-04-2019, 01:02 PM   #63

Monaco Owners Club
Retail Prevost

Just be patient a few months; someone is bound to slide off the road in their brand new prevost and it will show up on salvage auction where you can purchase, repair, and own it for pennies on the dollar. Yes there are all kinds of advantages and disadvantages but if you have the skills its quite a bargain.
NoSoupForYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 03:32 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoupForYou View Post
Just be patient a few months; someone is bound to slide off the road in their brand new prevost and it will show up on salvage auction where you can purchase, repair, and own it for pennies on the dollar. Yes there are all kinds of advantages and disadvantages but if you have the skills its quite a bargain.

I'm surprised to see an RV'er waiting for misfortune for another fellow RV'er so he can make a good deal.

Times have changed, rest assured that not all of us in Colorado feel that way.
cinitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 03:36 PM   #65

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinitall View Post
I'm surprised to see an RV'er waiting for misfortune for another fellow RV'er so he can make a good deal.

Times have changed, rest assured that not all of us in Colorado feel that way.
Thank you. with only 14 posts in 2 years- you have to wonder
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 03:39 PM   #66

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Fkloster... I couldn't imagine getting approval from my Accountant, he/she would work for me, not the other way around! LOL!

The Accountant-----> <------Me

Thank goodness, in my 'titling' State, tags are not based on value. The tags are about $75 a year whether you drive a Prevost or a Saturn.

Mark
Are you making fun of my toad?!
lawjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:16 PM   #67

Foretravel Owners Club
In the past Foretravel has built Prevost conversions..3 of them I think, Countrry Coach also built/converted a few..
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:30 AM   #68

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
Monaco did many and branded it as a Royal
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:00 AM   #69

Starting in 2018 Newell has switched from pneumatic to electric entry doors.

Quote:
Solo...

Keep in mind, every coach manufacturer is a 'compromise' of something, Prevost included. A couple of things that I don't like about the Newell are the bi-fold cargo doors. It looked to me like it could cause a severe hand pinch if you or a child's hand in in the wrong place. I also didn't care for the pneumatic front door (just my taste).

I know they offer, or used to, the side mirrors coming from the belt-line but most seem to have them attached to the upper part of the front cap. I would prefer the lower attached mirrors because if they are up higher, the passenger side sunshade is about 18" too short from the A-pillar. That really surprised me when I saw that.

I understand the premise of it, the mirrors are never to be blocked when lowering the shade. As you know, even with the best shade, a sliver of sun will find it's way in!

Now, the likes...... They have very nice floor plans, they offer a mid-ship door, larger engine, window and front door awnings, etc., that you don't have on the newer Prevost's.

Safe travels,
Mark
Old 03-13-2019, 07:51 AM   #70

500drvr, thanks for the info, I didn't know that they had changed the front door.

Safe travels,
Mark
Mr.Mark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel