Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2016, 11:37 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker56 View Post
Michelin has 0 warranty on sidewall cracks. Goodyear G670's have a 7 year sidewall warranty on cracks.

Replaced my G670's at 10 years 4 months. I will replace them again in 2025 if I am still around then.
That's the first I heard they have no sidewall warranty on cracks. Maybe on punctures but then that's all tire makers. Puncture the sidewall it's your dime.
trux is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2016, 08:47 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Got nice reply from Toyo: Sum; Go to your local dealer and have them size your tire per your RV needs. I understand their position. Will do that. As it looks from the above posts, the 295/75 will work fine.

Just got off the phone with Less Schwab in Grants Pass, Or. The 4 rear tires in Toyo M154 H rated, 295/75R22.5 out the door price is $1950.48. ~488/tire. No balance because on rear. I chose this size because of the way this thread has been going. Thanks, all, for the good info.

Maybe in a couple of weeks I can do this.

Rick Y
Old 03-19-2016, 09:39 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Got nice reply from Toyo: Sum; Go to your local dealer and have them size your tire per your RV needs. I understand their position. Will do that. As it looks from the above posts, the 295/75 will work fine.

Just got off the phone with Less Schwab in Grants Pass, Or. The 4 rear tires in Toyo M154 H rated, 295/75R22.5 out the door price is $1950.48. ~488/tire. No balance because on rear. I chose this size because of the way this thread has been going. Thanks, all, for the good info.

Rick Y
I disagree with this. Even though on the rear, where you may not feel the vibration from out-of-balance tires, does not mean that tires, wheel bearings suspension are unaffected. For the little add'l cost, at least put balancing beads in the rears. (and IMO, spin-balance the fronts).
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:37 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBill View Post
I disagree with this. Even though on the rear, where you may not feel the vibration from out-of-balance tires, does not mean that tires, wheel bearings suspension are unaffected. For the little add'l cost, at least put balancing beads in the rears. (and IMO, spin-balance the fronts).
Yep, I balance he Steers/Drives/Tags, and also have Centramatics on al axles too. The cost of balance spread over 5-7 years, is not that much more!

Best,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 03:59 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Rick; YES get the rears balanced too, the constant vibration due to out of balance can effect everything from the rear axle seals to the differential its self.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:17 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by trux View Post
That's the first I heard they have no sidewall warranty on cracks. Maybe on punctures but then that's all tire makers. Puncture the sidewall it's your dime.
Check Page 4 bottom left.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Michelin_Truck_Tire_Warranty.pdf (144.2 KB, 43 views)
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 01:36 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
OK all. I'll get the balance done. Ad $30/wheel to my post above (if I remember correctly). Thanks.
Old 03-20-2016, 03:56 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Wheel balancers between the rear duals works out GREAT. Sanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:59 PM   #23

re: dual wheel spacing. This webpage details how to measure/calculate the spacing, and why proper spacing is important. The usual minimum spacing for dual wheels is 1.5" between sidewalls, measured without jacks supporting vehicle weight.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:34 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker56 View Post
Check Page 4 bottom left.
Most common problem with Michelin for us RVers. Toyo coming to my rig soon.

Doing car today. The Continental OEM are rough riding and thud. Had them checked by the dealer and "nothing was found wrong". This particular set are junk in my opinion.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:23 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
tire update

I got the Toyo's put on the cr-v yesterday. The car rides and handles so well now. I have not gone far, of course, but driving local, often curvy, roads in the rain has been good so far. I also noticed the road noise was not as loud. But, this is only day one. Some of the roads here in Oregon are as bad as Texas; crushed rock on oil. Worst roads of all for noise. Les Schwab gave me a trade-in value on my Continental's so the bill was about $660 for the set of 4. Not cheap but the ride makes it worth it as of this writing.

I will get the coach done in a couple of weeks. I do hope the Toyo M154 295/75R22.5 clear the fender well. The Michelin 275/80R seem very close when I am parked.

Another update to follow in a couple of weeks.

Rick Y
Old 03-22-2016, 08:59 PM   #26

jerichorick, A friend found out the hard/expensive way to make sure the steer wheels are straight ahead before dumping the air. He had to replace both front fiberglass wheel well coverings.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:12 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
jerichorick, A friend found out the hard/expensive way to make sure the steer wheels are straight ahead before dumping the air. He had to replace both front fiberglass wheel well coverings.
That was a moment I bet. I always do that. I remember reading this in the owners manual of my first coach, when I didn't have a clue as to what I was doing. Have done it ever since. But, it is a great point to stress (no pun intended) as a reminder to all. This practice also takes adverse strain off the jacks when deploying them.

Thanks Ray and Happy Trails.

Rick Y
Old 03-23-2016, 10:16 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post

Rick Y

If you are looking at buying in OR for the sales tax break, try getting quotes closer to home for the same tires. You may be surprised.

I just put on a set of Toyo 295/75 to replace G670RV 275/80 and am pleased with the ride and the price. Went with the M177 instead of the M154 for the higher weight rating.
TwelveVolt is offline   Reply With Quote