Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2015, 07:00 PM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
Just curious .... any resolution yet ?

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2015, 07:02 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
It has to be something common to all 3 slides. Main Power, Batteries, Main fuse or breaker. Bad cells in House batteries. A good friend of mine found out his problem was a couple of bad cells in the battery bank. His meter said 12 volts, but With the dead cells there just was not enough power.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:36 PM   #17

Corroded ground wire at the hydraulic pump was the cause of our slides not working. Wiggle the cables at the hydraulic pump while some one tries the slide out switch.
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:53 PM   #18
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
Corroded ground wire at the hydraulic pump was the cause of our slides not working. Wiggle the cables at the hydraulic pump while some one tries the slide out switch.

The op's system is electric.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:55 PM   #19

My 2002 has a black reset type breaker that is below the main switches. they are located in the last bay on the passenger side. it has an arm that pops out and you just push it in. mine has popped twice in the last year. hope this helps Art
Sapd1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:35 AM   #20

I just completed a major troubleshooting cycle with my main electric slide going through the entire diagnostic path only to find it was indeed the motor.

As Cliff has suggested, I would contact Power Gear via email and outline your situation. They do respond very quickly, within the hour likely, and most likely put you in the right direction saving you a lot of head scratching and testing in the wrong direction.

My bet would be they will isolate the problem in short order...
Old 03-26-2015, 09:10 AM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
Again, thanks for all your the advice, I greatly appreciate it.
LSC9901...no resolution yet...thanks for asking.

I was able to, with the help of a friend, get the slides in and that is a good feeling, albeit not totally. However, still nothing at the switches. We check connections, breakers, fuses (that we could find) and did a lot of head scratching. I'm afraid there is a fuse hidden that I haven't come across yet...ugh. I've searched through all the manuals I have and could find online. It would be awesome to find an electrical diagram for a 2008 Gulfstream Independence 8367 (just a little plug) to see if there is indeed a hidden fuse/breaker I haven't found. Maybe Mother Gulfstream can help...not holding my breath though.

I contacted Power Gear and as you've said, they responded within 5 minutes (very impressive). After a few emails and a picture of the "relay packs" that click when a switch is pressed, they believe it to be a voltage issue or a bad ground. I do not relish the search for a bad ground. The house batteries show around 13.6 volts when a meter is put to them. The chassis battery shows around 12.6 volts. We were able to isolate the motor connections to determine the (2 out of three, the third we closed manually and didn't check) motors work.

Maybe it's time I give into a dealership and see if they can find it. Not fond of that prospective.
TnT612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:14 AM   #22

TNT, Im sure you are looking at an interlock problem. Likely a fuse or brkr. They went out ok. Check power distribution for the slides.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:33 AM   #23

Those fuses can be in tricky spots, in the early 2000's Southwinds and others, had a fuse on a smaller printed circuit board which was behind the bedroom breaker panel. You had to actually remove the breaker panel cover to get at it which sort of defies logic.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:01 PM   #24

Ford Super Duty Owner
UPDATE: I spoke with the dealer and they had agreed to take a look at it tomorrow. However, I went out to, for some reason, open the backup camera and it wouldn't come out of it's sliding place, so time to check some fuses.
Found two 5 amp fuses and a 15 amp fuse that were blown, so I purchased some replacements. Put in the first 5 amp fuse and viola the backup cam was functional once again. Replaced the 15 amp fuse and heard a click, so I thought just for the heck of it I'd check the bedroom slide...low and behold, they all work once again. Replace the other 5 amp fuse, but do not know what it is for at this point.

Thank you to all for the help and suggestions. I was getting quite frustrated and worried there for a bit.
Hopefully, we can take a few trips before the next incident...better yet, hope the next incident is a long way off.
TnT612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:14 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
turn the key on...

or make sure it is off

Moxy
Moxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:16 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
x2, I added a ground cable to the motor on mine, works flawless now

Moxy
Moxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 06:38 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Run engine and re set parking brake

Tags
slide