Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2022, 08:59 AM   #1

32' Rv !

I taught I'd start another discussion!
Will be getting a 2019-2020 32' rv this Autumn. We are not set on a brand, but the Bounder 33c seem to be a baseline!
My wife will retire in 3 yrs and I'm on a PTSD Medical Pension. Our travel plans will be Newfound Land; Dempster/Tuktoyaktuk highway; Florida-Texas for winter vacation. Then once she retires fully will be on the road a few months at a time, so State/Prov parks some boondocking.
What would be the "Bestier then Best" Machine!
Reebavjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2022, 09:04 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebavjc View Post
I taught I'd start another discussion!
Will be getting a 2019-2020 32' rv this Autumn. We are not set on a brand, but the Bounder 33c seem to be a baseline!
My wife will retire in 3 yrs and I'm on a PTSD Medical Pension. Our travel plans will be Newfound Land; Dempster/Tuktoyaktuk highway; Florida-Texas for winter vacation. Then once she retires fully will be on the road a few months at a time, so State/Prov parks some boondocking.
What would be the "Bestier then Best" Machine!
I’m sure you will get some good insight. Welcome to the forum.
Country Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 10:26 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
32' Rv !

Every builder has their strengths and weaknesses. I would also check out Newmar Bay Star and Winnebago Adventurer. They both make a high quality coach at or under 32 feet. Tiffin is also a good manufacturer but their 32SA is actually 34 feet!
Old 07-10-2022, 11:17 AM   #4

We've had good luck and have been very happy with our 32' Fleetwood Southwind.
css899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 12:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
...Tiffin is also a good manufacturer but their 32SA is actually 34 feet!

Both the Bounder 33C and Tiffin 32SA are 34.25 feet in length. The Tiffin has 20" more wheelbase giving it a 55% wheelbase/length ratio where the Bounder has a 50%. Other factors are involved, but this could make the Tiffin handle better at highway speeds. Longer wheelbases will tend to curb hop more however. It sounds like you have a lot of highway time in mind.
Old 07-10-2022, 03:30 PM   #6

We owned a 32' Newmar Baystar for 8 years. Look into how these coaches are constructed. There are major differences.
Old 07-11-2022, 07:44 AM   #7

Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought that Newmar was the luxury Fleetwood and Tiffin was Thor one!
Reebavjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 08:02 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've had my 31' rig since 2011 and it has suited my vacation travel plans well when out every other weekend during the summer and two weeks on the road for the annual vacation. Longest out has been about 18 days and the coach was really starting to feel cramped and very small by day 15.

Each owner has individual needs and wants but for me I would like to go further and stay out longer and a sub 34' might need replacing with something a bit bigger. My thinking is a three year old Tiffin 34PA or similar aged Newmar Canyon Star as a next coach work well with plans as for part time travels when I choose to be unemployed.
Old 07-11-2022, 08:42 AM   #9

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought that Newmar was the luxury Fleetwood and Tiffin was Thor one!
Welcome to iRV2 .

Every manufacturer has different levels of " luxury " the higher the model line the more items that come as standard equipment .
Different manufacturers have different reputations when it comes to ; quality control , customer service and long term durability of their finished products ; all important things to consider when shopping for an RV.
Old 07-11-2022, 08:47 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Newmar is now owned by Winnebago. Tiffin is now owned by Thor.
Old 07-11-2022, 11:51 AM   #11

Quote:
Newmar has never been associated with Fleetwood. They have been a privately held company since inception until acquired by Winnebago two years ago.

Perhaps you are thinking American Coach? American and Fleetwood are now both owned by REV group.

Tiffin was also a private company, but was acquired by Thor.
Old 07-11-2022, 01:43 PM   #12

Whatever you buy consider the gray tank size. A small gray tank is a pain in parks with no sewer connection as you may have to make a trip to the dump station before the next shower. We love our 28' Bounder with 100 gallon fresh, 50 gallon grey, 50 gallon black. Both wife and I can take 2-3 days of showers and dishes on 50 gallons of grey capacity.
Old 07-11-2022, 02:53 PM   #13

In addition to what has been said above I would suggest expanding your potential age range, for all practical purposes you are not likely to see much if any change on class A gas coaches built between 2016 when the Ford F53 chassis received the 6 speed transmission until when the 7.3L V8 gas engine was introduced in 2021. This mostly applies to coach electronics, control centers, slide technology, etc. as well. There may be a few cosmetic differences in styling between a 2016 and a 2020 model year coach, but most of that will have to do with the specific brand and how closely they were following the latest decorator trends in a given year. Keep in mind with a motorhome condition and build quality are going to matter a lot more than model years, and there are many 5 year old lower end coaches out there that are in worse shape and well maintained 20 year old higher end coaches. This is one place where indoor or covered storage goes a long way.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 03:34 PM   #14

32’ Tiffin Breeze (2011-2018ish?)measures 33’6” and is a pusher.
Hpozzuoli is offline   Reply With Quote