Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2020, 12:20 AM   #57

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.tommy View Post
We stayed in Maine this whole summer on my brother-in-laws property. We have a 50amp coach. I plugged into one of his 15amp garage wall outlets with a heavy duty extension cord, then used a 15amp-50amp dogbone to plug the coach power cord into. I also have a PI hard wired EMS. We lived all summer on 15amps. Up there in Maine during the summer you don't need any AC. Well we did need it 2 days but then I just started the generator. But the rest of the time we just managed our electrical usage by just turning on one large appliance—like the microwave—or two small ones at a time. A few times we would forget and turn on too much stuff and it would trip the breaker in the garage. I'd just reset the breaker and go back to using less items in the coach. Worked just fine all summer. We've done this for 2 summers. You just have to be watchful and manage your electrical usage.
I do this on occasion at home and all the time visiting relatives or friends (15/20amps)

We have 20 / 30 / 50 amp services at home. Occasionally; even at home when I know we will not need or use the 2nd AC, I will bring out my heavy duty extension cord (20 amps for me at home). I do so for convenience at home as it is very easy to run the extension cord to the electrical bay. I also may go weeks at a time with no electrical hookup. Here I am just giving my generator practice to turn itself on if batteries go low, but unless I leave something on, it is rare because if everything is off, and Use switch is on, I have yet to see the batteries drain down. Of course I would turn the use switch off if in true storage, but since it is home , I tend to go in and out for some reasons.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!