Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2022, 06:43 AM   #1

'94 Foretravel U270 or 2000 Country Coach Intrigue

I've narrowed the search down to the 2 coaches above. Both the same asking price, the FT showing 60K miles the CC roughly twice that. Going to have travel to see them. I like that the FT has the trans retarder, the CC is fancier. I'm a Cummins guy so turning the engine up a little from the 300hp setup on the FT if needed, to get a little closer to the 350hp in the CC. With the ASSUMPTION that when I get there I will find them in essentially equal condition, what should I look for model specific that could be problematic. I'm figuring I'll put 5-10K in whatever I get almost immediately. Is one safer than the other? Your opinions/experiences are appreciated. Thanks, Stuart
Fuggly51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2022, 07:42 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuggly51 View Post
I've narrowed the search down to the 2 coaches above. Both the same asking price, the FT showing 60K miles the CC roughly twice that. Going to have travel to see them. I like that the FT has the trans retarder, the CC is fancier. I'm a Cummins guy so turning the engine up a little from the 300hp setup on the FT if needed, to get a little closer to the 350hp in the CC. With the ASSUMPTION that when I get there I will find them in essentially equal condition, what should I look for model specific that could be problematic. I'm figuring I'll put 5-10K in whatever I get almost immediately. Is one safer than the other? Your opinions/experiences are appreciated. Thanks, Stuart
Regarding The Foretravel. Look here. https://www.foreforums.com

They have a lot of knowledge over there.
A.R.F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 07:52 AM   #3

Need a recheck on the Foretravel.

The U270 was not made in 1994.

Could be a 1994 U225, 240, 280 (likely if Cummins C engine) or U300.
Old 12-11-2022, 09:43 AM   #4

There seemed to be some confusion by the seller on what he had. Pictures posted were of a 270 but the dealership that apparently posted them originally had information inconsistent with the posting. Thanks!
Fuggly51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
country coach, travel