Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2017, 03:08 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
‘95 Dynasty component classes?

I’d really like to come up to speed on our new-to-us ‘95 dynasty with freightliner chassis, mechanical cummins 8.3 and allison MD3060 + house-related systems.

i see posts about people attending various newer-coach classes : courses and would like to find something similar for us ... or has the sun set on that option for older coaches?

thx in advance for the feedback.
Radacravitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2017, 06:31 PM   #2

American Coach Owners Club
Early Monico's were and are great Motor Homes, especially the all Mechanical Engines. Never seen any classes on here but a wealth of info is available - just ask away !
My advise ? Read your manuals and become familiar with everything you can .
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:53 PM   #3

Check with FMCA they have lot to offer as a member RV Rallies work shops and a good website along with a magazine oh sorry nothing is free
lrsses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:59 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radacravitz View Post
I’d really like to come up to speed on our new-to-us ‘95 dynasty with freightliner chassis, mechanical cummins 8.3 and allison MD3060 + house-related systems.

i see posts about people attending various newer-coach classes : courses and would like to find something similar for us ... or has the sun set on that option for older coaches?

another forum is the monocoers on Yahoo. Some of those members have older coaches and there is a wealth of knowledge.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:17 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
thx very much to each of you for your suggestions, much appreciated.

i’ve just spent (another) two hours reading owners manuals ... i **always** read more than i can absorb @ the time but some things are sticking :-)

thx for the fmca / classes, i’ll check them out to see what’s what.

i have done a fair amount of research as member of the yahoo monaco group but find the format uninviting ... good suggestion, though, so i’ll return to it.

thx again for the feedback.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:35 PM   #6

Quote:

If it is really on a Freightliner chassis, Freightliner has a "camp freightliner" that is very helpful class. I really suspect that your coach has a Roadmaster Chassis made by Monaco.

Good luck with your new coach.

Fred
Old 10-07-2017, 11:51 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Cooper View Post
If it is really on a Freightliner chassis, Freightliner has a "camp freightliner" that is very helpful class. I really suspect that your coach has a Roadmaster Chassis made by Monaco.

Good luck with your new coach.

Fred
X-2 on this! One easy way to check is to look/reach in the wheel well in the front or rear of the tire, just inside the side wall, and you will see feel the shock, and the air bag, if you look closely! The Roadmaster RR8S chassis has 4 shocks and 4 air bags for the front suspension and 4 for the rear suspension also, for a total of 8 shocks and bags! And the tag axel coaches have 10, RR10S, the S stands for side radiator, and the R at the end stands for rear radiator!
The Freightliner chassis only has 4 total, two front and two rear! I highly doubt you have a Freightliner chassis!
Welcome to the Monaco family! Rail!
Old 10-08-2017, 03:55 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
thx, guys - it’s a roadmaster chassis.
Old 10-08-2017, 05:16 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We have a Roadmaster chassis but went to Camp Freightliner anyway. Although everything they taught was not relevant to my MH, it was still very worthwhile.
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:36 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by veraken View Post
We have a Roadmaster chassis but went to Camp Freightliner anyway. Although everything they taught was not relevant to my MH, it was still very worthwhile.
great to hear, thx for that ... I'll check it out.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:24 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
thx very much to each of you for your suggestions, much appreciated.

i’ve just spent (another) two hours reading owners manuals ... i **always** read more than i can absorb @ the time but some things are sticking :-)

thx for the fmca / classes, i’ll check them out to see what’s what.

i have done a fair amount of research as member of the yahoo monaco group but find the format uninviting ... good suggestion, though, so i’ll return to it.

thx again for the feedback.
I find their format difficult to navigate as well. I guess that's why I'm here for most of my questions. Wish they could fix that.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:58 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
agreed. I’ve gone back and mined all that I can through searches for my era coach but I’m certain there’s far more info that I’m not identifying and extracting.

That said, I do appreciate the content and the willingness of the members to provide on-demand feedback.