Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2019, 09:26 PM   #1

97 Chevy Seabreeze Project

Hey ya'll I recently realized how close we are to a post apacolyptic melt down, started watching Mad Max religiously and invested in a 33' 97 Chevy Seabreeze. I'm half kidding there we're other bizarre reasons too. Anyway, 38,000 original miles, chevy 454 TBI setup. P-32 if I'm not mistaken, rear disk brakes. So far I've done fluids from radiator to rear diff greased everything. Any good leads on suspension kits? I'd like to lift it an inch or two. Pros and cons to that?

Main question, I've owned a few 454's around this era. This one looks like it has the roller cam vortec block and heads with the TBI. Did chevy mix and match these in these years? I know the Chevy/workhorse plant was shined off for some time so the mix match parts wouldn't surprise me. Did Chevy sell chassis and engines separately so the coach maker mix and matched stuff? Any history on how that went down would be appreciated.

2nd question. My driver side windshield is out of the gasket and there's a space between the gasket and the body I was an auto glass tech a long time ago in a galaxy far far away so I'm familiar with the type of gasket install, my question is do I have to Jack up the front ceiling to fit it back in like in a commercial application like a Greyhound bus? Has anyone done this themselves before? How would this have happened? How can it be prevented? Oh the questions un answered.....I'll attach a picture of what I'm talking about.

Next I have a Holley TBI unit from a 454 in a 1 ton dually, what would be a good direction to go as far as an upgraded intake to compensate for the higher flow of the Holley TBI?
Headers? Not building a race motor obviously just something that could pull my 92 Firebird behind it......Formula.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15682575725338266985478780029187.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	363.1 KB
ID:	260041  
Doomsayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2019, 07:17 AM   #2

Your 454 should be a vortec engine. The Holley TBI may add some power if you have the ability to tune it. Headers such as the ones Banks offers with long tubes will help performance even in the low RPM range. Intake changes will not make a lot of difference below 4000 RPM.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:31 PM   #3

The date of completion on the document you posted indicates the coach was completed in 11 of 95. That would make it a 96 coach with a 95 chassis. The port injected Vortec 454 was introduced in the 96 P32 chassis @ 290HP.
House Husband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:15 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
I have a 98 Sea Breeze Chevy P32 with the Vortec 7.4 (454). If I remember correctly Workhorse did not take over manufacturing until 99. I am planning on doing the Banks exhaust kit but have yet to pull the trigger.
Old 09-13-2019, 01:54 PM   #5

Up to 98 the P32 chassis was from Chevy. NO 99 P chassis. Workhorse started production in 2000.
The P37 in the VIN does NOT define the chassis. It is still a P32.
House Husband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 03:57 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

I'm not a mechanic and it doesn't sound like you're even talking English! Noticed you are new and just wanted to say hello!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 07:13 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
National RV forum

Have a look in the 'National' forum (under 'owners forums' ). Or the 'Workhorse' forum under 'RV forums'.
Cpl Ed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breeze, chevy, seabreeze