Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2015, 08:21 PM   #15

This may be something you have already tried and very basic, but many campgrounds have a breaker on the plug receptacle.... but make sure your shore power is actual getting power. Check shore power breakers are on.
jbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2015, 04:25 AM   #16

Now that i remedied the no charging issue another problem has arisen. The coach batteries (new), lose their charge when not plugged in to shore power...everything is off as far as i know...any suggestions...Thanks Mark
Mark Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:43 AM   #17

You can expect your coach batteries to discharge over time. Depends on what is still on. Even with the switch in the doorway turned off there is still a drain on the batteries. Propane detector, CO detector, smoke detector still remain on and drawing power. The main culprit will be the inverter. Keep it turned off until you need it to perform it's duties. Just turned on but not powering anything will still use considerable power. Won't take long for the batteries to die. When you are not on shore power, don't turn on the inverter until you need 120 volts for something.

The only way to keep the batteries from discharging is to disconnect the negative terminal while in storage. This will stop all the parasitic drains from discharging them. Of course, the detectors and everything else will not work while disconnected. Only disconnect them if stored for extended times.

Sunny Sebastian Fl.
bobwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:14 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Clark View Post
Now that i remedied the no charging issue another problem has arisen. The coach batteries (new), lose their charge when not plugged in to shore power...everything is off as far as i know...any suggestions...Thanks Mark

Mark

I was reading through your thread like a novel. Waiting for the solution to your charging/power problem to be revealed. And the solution was....Drum roll.....??
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:02 AM   #19

I recieved info from a member, that there was a red reset button on the side of my inverter/charger...after looking for the button for 5 minutes, it turned out it was not red but the same color as the inverter shell....I pushed it and everything worked as it should...sorry didnt get back with you sooner, getting ready to put into winter storage....Cant wait for spring!
Mark Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:04 PM   #20

Great job Mark. Way to use the forum to get things figured out. Thanks for sharing!
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote