Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2022, 07:22 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
99 Safari Zanzibar Leveler Buzzer won't stop beeping

I have a 99 Safari Zanzibar. I took it to the shop and they left my jacks down when I picked it up. I did not discover it until I got home and after leveling the RV, the jack buzzer warning light and sound will not go off, even when the jacks are up and unit in drive.

I have changed the fluid, disconnected the lines but cannot figure out why the light and buzzer will not go off.

Camping World is denying they left the jacks down.
DorisMullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2022, 07:30 PM   #2

What brand leveling jacks does your coach have?

When you say "I took it to the shop and they left my jacks down when I picked it up. I did not discover it until I got home ....: do you mean you drove the coach with the jacks down?

In my experience the buzzer usually means either a leg isn't up all the way, or the system is low on fluid.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 05:40 AM   #3

Leveler Buzzer

You have the RVA jacks. Check your fluid again since changing. Run the jacks up and down several times to expel any air. My Serengeti sounds the alarm when low. RVA has changed ownership. Do not remember the new owner, but a search should provide it. Could be Hendersons but not sure. I do have all the manuals on that system if I may be of help. Good luck. Hugh
hbrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 02:04 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you, I have let them up a couple of times, not repeatedly so I will try that now. I have the Caterpillar operation and maintenance manual. Will let you know if letting them up and down worked. I changed the fluid two weeks ago.
Old 02-11-2022, 02:20 PM   #5

RVA jacks-- how to check/set fluid level as that is the trigger for the jack down alarm: https://www.rvajack.com/RVA-Fluid-Level-Service

Clearly, if the alarm sounds and all the jacks are in their full stowed position, absolutely check fluid level!
Old 02-11-2022, 04:43 PM   #6

This always worked for me when topping off RVA jacks.
Turn ignition on
Extend one jack down approx. 6 "
Alarm tone should be sounding, with ignition still on, remove fill cap & fill reservoir until system stops alarming.
Replace cap & raise extended jack, low level problem should be solved.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 07:52 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I got the buzzer to stop by manually putting a jack underneath the front jack and letting it up a little at a time. buzzer went off, but extending the jack and retracting it starts sounding again and the front jack only will not retract completely. I will try again tomorrow by lowering the front jack 6 inches open the reservoir cap and retract. My son works on plan and said this is how they get the air out of the lines on plans. Sounds like the same thing you are suggesting Outbound. I found the manual and it states the system is a self bleeding system, but I still may have to much fluid.
Old 02-11-2022, 10:13 PM   #8

I had this happen. I did something revolutionary, read the manual. For my particular Safari no where did it say put a jack down to fill the reservoir. I used the fluid I had laying around that said it was compatible, no more alarm. If you are totally desperate just pull the fuse if you don't need the jacks for the moment, but there is no way you should have been able to drive with your jacks "down" it would have caused a catostophic strike on the ground while driving. If you can see they are all the way up and still alarming, my guess is fluid still.
Iceclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 04:54 AM   #9

Listen to the people here. Your fluid is low. Or the float arm is not oriented properly.
Old 02-12-2022, 05:33 AM   #10

Question

Similar problem? My 07 Monaco Diplomat leveler buzzer started going off on our trip from Florida two week’s ago. Pot holes on 95, buzzer goes off, pulled over, jacks are up-seem to be ok. Restart engine, drive more, buzzer goes off when we hit another bump. Pull over again-jacks are up. After that, the buzzer went off when we hit a bump but would stop after a minute or two.
GDGorsuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 08:59 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDGorsuch View Post
Similar problem? My 07 Monaco Diplomat leveler buzzer started going off on our trip from Florida two week’s ago. Pot holes on 95, buzzer goes off, pulled over, jacks are up-seem to be ok. Restart engine, drive more, buzzer goes off when we hit another bump. Pull over again-jacks are up. After that, the buzzer went off when we hit a bump but would stop after a minute or two.
This too could be low fluid. In the OP's coach the jack alarm is triggered by a single sensor in the hydraulic tank of the pump. There is no individual jack sensor. When lowing the jacks fluid is pumped out of the tank lowing the level which eventually triggers the sensor, and the "jacks down" alarm goes off. If the level in your tank runs low enough, the alarm can go off when going over bumps or around corners.
astrnmrtom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 09:11 AM   #12

Sure, could just be low fluid. But the OP said the front jack doesn't retract properly. That will sure cause the alarm.

Depending on how far down that jack sticks (won't retract further) not sure replacing/repairing the jack isn't the correct first step.

Hate to see anyone correct the "symptom" and not address the root cause.
Old 02-12-2022, 10:08 AM   #13

the vexing part of this issue is OP changed the fluid. These are pretty simple devices for the most part, if the manual is followed and the jacks have free movement up and down they tend to self correct but anywho. How many issues start with " I had it in for service" and they do something stupid (and then charge you for the stupid)
Iceclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 11:27 PM   #14

Leveller Buzzer

Having to put a jack under front or any of the jacks you probably have a bad retract valve {my problem}. Open the manual retract valve and see if the jack comes up. Think valves are about $200 now.
hbrandon is offline   Reply With Quote