Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2012, 12:14 AM   #1

Question A different one ... Pt 2 - Yes or No - is this one better?

1994 Winnabago Brave Class A Sleep (6) Runs Excellent Low Miles !

Please select the link ... it is a '94 Winnebago ...

BETTER WORSE OR ABOUT THE SAME {as the eye dr often asks}

Kristen
KewlKristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2012, 01:44 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Well it is a year newer and Winnebago is going to be a better built coach. I would recommend you slow down and do some research as to how you are going to use a recreational vehicle, what floor plan and amenities of the coach will best support your needs and spend time looking for that "right coach".
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:47 AM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
The Brave is a nice entry level coach. This one looks clean and well cared for but pictures can lie so check it out before putting down your cash.
blackf3504dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:30 AM   #4

If it checks out like it looks (good to me) I would say it is a pretty square deal. I recently purchased in the same market area. I would say I rolled the dice and lost. Not so bad that it's killing me but I could have done bettre. I'll know better next time. A 12000.00 motor home is obviously not a bargin to buy for 10, then put 3 into it! Unfortunately 10K is not a lot of money, but............then again it is kind of a small fortune for me, to take it out of savings and buy, then keep taking it out to fix! Do your home work, educate yourself, look long and hard, buy. Then quit looking! Oh, my experience, if the dealership, or sales person starts by telling you that they are good christians.......run!
YZF571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:03 AM   #5
szy

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf3504dr View Post
The Brave is a nice entry level coach. This one looks clean and well cared for but pictures can lie so check it out before putting down your cash.
That coach did look nice didn't it
szy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:38 AM   #6

Thank you all for your input!! I appreciate it so very much!! Well, I decided to bite the bullet and spend more money for a newer unit with the reputation of a high resale value. I stumbled across a company that coordinates auctions of repos for lenders, thus would get a better rate than a dealer. Even though I may be spending significant time in the RV, I've never had one before and the thoughts of driving around something in the 30ft range or more is intimidating. At least for now. So I placed a bid on a Class C 2007 Winnebago Aspect 26A. It looks brand new, has just shy of 37k miles. If I win the bid I will be spending less than $39k and from what I understand would probably not lose much if any when I resell it. I feel pretty good about it, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'll find out next Tuesday if I won the bid or not. I hope I made a wise decision.
KewlKristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:56 AM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Good luck with your bid ! It sounds like a nice unit.
blackf3504dr is offline   Reply With Quote