Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2015, 10:57 AM   #29

Newmar is privately owned. No changes in the senior management (Miller family) since 2006 when son Matt became president. I think Mahlon Miller is still the CEO.
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2015, 07:13 PM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingrydr57 View Post
As we search for that perfect motorhome for us we determined we will be ordering a Newmar canyon star 3712 next summer. Love the floor plan. It was between that or the 2016 Winnebago sightseer 33c.
I downloaded the order form for the Newmar and found the cabinet stiles and rails are vinyl wrapped, the Winnebago is wood vineer I could get the Newmar with the wood vineer but at the extra cost of$2,476 ! The Newmar has single pain Windows didn't see an up grade on the list, the Winnebago comes withdouble pain Windows.i like the Mcd type shades standard in the Winnebago if I want them in the Newmar it's $ 1,674 other wise it comes with the pleated day nite shades. The Winnebago comes with a walk on fiberglass roof it's $ 1,758 extra on the Newmar.That's $5,908 extra just to get what the Winnebago already has! Kinda feels like a bate and switch, if we didn't like the Newmar floor plan so much I think we would go with the Winnebago .
Maybe I'm just being anal but vinyl wrapped cabinets......really??? You know like the book cases at biglots , that really surprised me. If you get a scratch on the vinyl there's nothing you can do with it, wood vineer you can at least sand it and refinish .
Sorry about the rant but sometimes do you really get what ya pay for?

A little miffed, Steve W.
Steve

We recently ordered a Canyon Star 3914. Winnebago was also on our list up to the end. On the Winnebago, the Adventurer line is comparable to the Canyon Star, not the Sightseer. We were comparing the CS 3914 and the WBGO Adventurer 38Q. Virtually identical floor plans. The base MSRP of the CS was way less expensive, but as you have noticed the features do not line up. When we optioned out both coaches to be as close to apples to apples as we could get for every feature, the CS was still about $8k MSRP less than the Adventurer 38Q. We only briefly considered the Sightseer so never really did an extensive comparison, but I would think that it would probably line up with the Bay Star, or be somewhere between BS and CS.

Basically on the gas lines the WBGO Adventurer comes pretty well appointed as is with very few options. Newmar comes very basic and you can add options as your budget allows to be at the very least equivalent feature wise to the WBGO.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:50 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by osuallen View Post
Steve

We recently ordered a Canyon Star 3914. Winnebago was also on our list up to the end. On the Winnebago, the Adventurer line is comparable to the Canyon Star, not the Sightseer. We were comparing the CS 3914 and the WBGO Adventurer 38Q. Virtually identical floor plans. The base MSRP of the CS was way less expensive, but as you have noticed the features do not line up. When we optioned out both coaches to be as close to apples to apples as we could get for every feature, the CS was still about $8k MSRP less than the Adventurer 38Q. We only briefly considered the Sightseer so never really did an extensive comparison, but I would think that it would probably line up with the Bay Star, or be somewhere between BS and CS.

Basically on the gas lines the WBGO Adventurer comes pretty well appointed as is with very few options. Newmar comes very basic and you can add options as your budget allows to be at the very least equivalent feature wise to the WBGO.
I've been looking at the 3914 myself and really like that plan. My only complaint is they should have put in a 4th slide for the bedroom so it isn't so cramped. It would make the washer/dryer much more accessible/usable as well.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 10:27 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
I've been looking at the 3914 myself and really like that plan. My only complaint is they should have put in a 4th slide for the bedroom so it isn't so cramped. It would make the washer/dryer much more accessible/usable as well.
jt
We felt the same way. I haven't seen any floor plans with the WD on a slideout, so I think that they must have felt that the WD would produce more sales than the 4th slide.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:58 AM   #33

Freightliner Owners Club
Slides

All other things being equal, advantage Newmar for their slide mechanism. We looked at them all and didn't want Schwintek slides after having issues with our previous coach.

Tags
newmar