Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2017, 06:13 AM   #1

A porch light on the driver side 94 bounder ???

I was wondering if anyone can help me. On my 1994 Fleetwood bounder 34j I have a porch light on the driver side right above the sewer and cable cabinet. Does anyone know where the light switch is for that light? I can't find it anywhere.
mcarden75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2017, 11:07 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
First I'd make sure the bulb is O.K. so you'll see if it's on with switch. I'd imagine it might be switched inside the compartment it's above if it's supposed to illuminate area for connection of utilities.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:24 AM   #3

I think you may be referring to the "Scare Light", aka "Security Light". The switch for mine on both sides is above the door, marked Security Lights. Do you have the same light on the curb side? Where is that light switch, both should be there.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 12:15 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
On my old class C ('88 Jamboree), I had a light down low on the driver side above the sewer hookup area; the switch was located inside the electric cord compartment, tucked way off the the right side (impossible to see, but you could feel it if you knew where to reach). On my current RV ('04 Itasca class A), I have a porch light on the driver side; it shares a switch with the wet bay compartment light (switch is inside the compartment).
4x4van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 12:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
First I'd make sure the bulb is O.K. so you'll see if it's on with switch. I'd imagine it might be switched inside the compartment it's above if it's supposed to illuminate area for connection of utilities.
Thanks for the info. You are awesome.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
I think you may be referring to the "Scare Light", aka "Security Light". The switch for mine on both sides is above the door, marked Security Lights. Do you have the same light on the curb side? Where is that light switch, both should be there.
Actually I feel so dumb. There is a switch on my dash called utility light. I was reading that it was for the engine so I thought it was a done deal. That switch also controls the outside light above the sewer cabinet. Thanks for the info. Only thing I wish this RV had was a light switch for the overhead lights in the living space. It only has the switches on the lamps themselves.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4van View Post
On my old class C ('88 Jamboree), I had a light down low on the driver side above the sewer hookup area; the switch was located inside the electric cord compartment, tucked way off the the right side (impossible to see, but you could feel it if you knew where to reach). On my current RV ('04 Itasca class A), I have a porch light on the driver side; it shares a switch with the wet bay compartment light (switch is inside the compartment).
It's amazing what you find when you open your eyes lol. I spent 3 hours trying to get my propane working until I found the lp gas monitor was turned off. After turning it on everything worked. [emoji12]
Old 03-06-2017, 12:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4van View Post
Thank you kindly. It's funny where some things are hidden. Being a 94 I'm sort of afraid to look in fear I will find a severed hand lol.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:21 PM   #9

I found many things right there on the dash after I looked for hours ;-)
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
I found many things right there on the dash after I looked for hours ;-)
Tell me about it. I just replaced the radio on the dash with a Kenwood. I almost gave up until I found the house switch. Sometimes you have to sit , enjoy coffee , and look around.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:50 PM   #11
rb2

Check the drive station... Either on the left (bulkhead) or on the dash near the leveling controls. Can't remember for sure from my Bounder.
rb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 03:56 PM   #12

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarden75 View Post
Only thing I wish this RV had was a light switch for the overhead lights in the living space. It only has the switches on the lamps themselves.
Mine has all the switches in a couple places, but that means to turn on some of the overheads I have to get up and walk to the panel. I wish they had put the switches closer to where people sit and sometimes that's right beside the light and the switch is across the room!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 04:10 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarden75 View Post
... Only thing I wish this RV had was a light switch for the overhead lights in the living space. It only has the switches on the lamps themselves.
On my '96 Southwind there is a switch at the entry door that turns on the reading lamp above the chair behind the passenger seat. Yours may have something similar.

I realize this is not exactly what you're asking for, but it may help.
My wife is just under 5' tall, so she can just barely (!) reach those switches on the ceiling, we know now that our next coach will have wall mounted light switches for every light.

I installed wall switches in the closet for the overhead lights inside the closet - those were nearly impossible for my wife to reach because of the closet door header getting in the way.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:17 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podivin View Post
On my '96 Southwind there is a switch at the entry door that turns on the reading lamp above the chair behind the passenger seat. Yours may have something similar.

I realize this is not exactly what you're asking for, but it may help.
My wife is just under 5' tall, so she can just barely (!) reach those switches on the ceiling, we know now that our next coach will have wall mounted light switches for every light.

I installed wall switches in the closet for the overhead lights inside the closet - those were nearly impossible for my wife to reach because of the closet door header getting in the way.
I'm going to have look there. All the wall lights have individual twist switch. There has to be a switch somewhere for the overhead lamps. I can't see an RV in the 90s have a wall switch for the bath but not for when you first come in at night. That doesn't make since at all [emoji15]

Tags
bounder, driver, light