Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2023, 05:45 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
A Question on Weight (OCCC)

While going over my weights recently, I just realized that none of the weight information mentions fuel. I don't know how I've missed this all these years with multiple motorhomes, but is fuel already factored in concerning the OCCC, or should it be deducted from the OCCC? With a 150 gallon tank and diesel weighing ~ 7.25 pounds per gallon, that's 1,087 pounds either available or counting against my OCCC (I've always counted it against the OCCC, deducting the 1,087 pounds from what is listed as available). My data shows that engine oil and coolants are already factored when getting the OCCC, but water is considered cargo, and therefore, must be counted against the OCCC, reducing what is available... understandable and agreed; however, fuel is not mentioned either way. Thoughts ???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Weight Sheet.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	547.7 KB
ID:	383929   Click image for larger version

Name:	Entry Door Weight Sticker.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	213.9 KB
ID:	383930  

DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2023, 05:52 PM   #2
NXR

Full fuel is already factored into the USA OCCC number. All fluids needed for the vehicle to go driving are included, which is why the weight of propane and water are not.

Ray
Old 01-07-2023, 08:06 AM   #3

Just looked at the sticker for my gas motorhome. It states the UVW includes full fuel, engine oil, and coolant. I thought the stickers were all the same but I see the OP's is not.

I would think the UVW would include full fuel but,, ?
Old 01-07-2023, 09:39 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Since June, 2008 the official UVW shown on the federal weight certification placard includes full oil, radiator & fuel, even the propane fuel tanks. Any RVIA-approved weight label after that date uses the same definition. OCCC is defined as GVWR-UVW.

Prior to 2008, the RVIA weight label defined UVW as having full oil & radiator but did not include fuel. The RVIA CCC number was calculated much differently, with separate values for propane, water and SCWR (people). Don't try to compare the old CCC with the 2008 &later OCCC value.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ccc, weight