Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2010, 02:04 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to wvet2001 Send a message via Skype™ to wvet2001
abs light stays on

My question is are there a place on my 2001 monaco knight that you can read the codes and call monaco and they tlle you the problem, was told you can read the codes where the inverter bay is, my question how do you read the codes?
wvet2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2010, 01:15 PM   #2

Phone Monaco & ask them!
Don/Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

FYI... the title of your thread doesn't seem to match your question.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:26 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
abs light stays on

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
FYI... the title of your thread doesn't seem to match your question.

Rick
.......................................FYI... the title of your thread doesn't seem to match your question???????????????????????????????
Old 12-15-2010, 08:25 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

The ABS light has to do with the antilock braking system, not the inverter, so don't know why you would be looking there. Generally to get a diagnostic code from the ABS system, you have to hook a special diagnostic computer device to a connector on the ABS module. Maybe that module is located near the inverter on a Monaco?? Seems doubtful, but???
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:37 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
abs light stays on

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvet2001 View Post
My question is are there a place on my 2001 monaco knight that you can read the codes and call monaco and they tlle you the problem, was told you can read the codes where the inverter bay is, my question how do you read the codes?
Does anyone have a 2001 monaco knight that has had the abs light to stay on and if so ,how did you get it fixed.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:38 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
abs light stays on

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvet2001 View Post
Does anyone have a 2001 monaco knight that has had the abs light to stay on and if so ,how did you get it fixed.
Called monaco but no help.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:47 AM   #8

What kind of a chassis are you on? Check the chassis owner's forum for it and see if you can find a related post or post your question there. I know some Workhorse chassis have brake problems that can melt the ABS sensors, but it could be something else too.

Bob
Old 12-17-2010, 06:06 AM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Looks like he has a 38' diesel pusher--

wvet2001-
Go the owners section of this forum and re-post your question with other Monoco owners, or on the powertrain/chassis section. Please add your chassis and engine info to a signature block.

Welcome to irv2-
Old 12-17-2010, 08:20 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Could be a fried sensor or maybe the sensor just needs to be cleaned. If you can locate the sensors on each wheel, pull them one at a time, wipe them down, and re-install. Sometimes that's all there is to it.
Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:28 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
I have a Problem with The ABS also it comes on for a while then it goes off . On and on It is a diesel pusher;; I will not name the Coach manf. or chassis manf; Because some smart ;; ??? just uses that to cut posters down;; I had the readout done shows no problems.??
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:06 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
A large majority of ABS lights are caused by the sensors being dirty. Removing and cleaning the sensors is the first step in troubleshooting this problem.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:15 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco diesels are on their own Roadmaster chassis. The ABS has its own computer and codes have to be read direct from it, usually with a proprietary took for the brand of ABS (not the brand of chassis). Monaco can't read the codes for you, but they ought to be able to tell you what ABS system you have and where to get checked out. For sure, an authorized Roadmaster chassis service place can do it and Monaco ought to know where they are. Even the Roadmaster website says to "Call 877-4-MONACO (466-6226) for a facility near you".

ABS problems are almost always sensors or wiring harness.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:34 PM   #14

ABS light

I would start by crawling under the coach at each wheel and seeing if one of the wheel sensors in burnt up and hinging by the wires.. We have had six or seven of these to go bad all on the drivers side rear since we've had the coach.. I replace them myself and after you drive over 6 mph(after replacing) the ABS will reset itself.. I'm going to try and not seat the sensor against the rotor wheel(has gear teeth on it) the next time(instructions say to seat against it) and see if that will help.. The tip gets so hot and just melts and the whole sensor falls out.. In fact when we get back to Floridia, I need to get one as the light came on when we were coming to Fl.. Ours is caused by hard braking and alot of stops where you heat the brakes up like city traffic..
Mike M..
MLMath is offline   Reply With Quote