Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2022, 10:58 AM   #15

You may be right!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
Hi Qstaar17; By any chance are you talking about water dripping inside due to rain on the roof, or water dripping inside while running the A/C? When in Florida in 2010 was up in the panhandle and the humidity was almost 90%. I had the fan in the auto position on the thermostat and we had Dometic Penguin units. After running the A/C for a while water started dripping out of unit onto the floor. Asked my brother in law who was traveling with us in his RV and he had the same thing happening to him. He went and read the instructions for the Dometic and it was mentioned that in high humid areas that water/ humidity, could accumulate on the evaporator, freeze and then thaw fast enough for water to drip from the A/C unit. The instructions were run the fan on high to stop the water dripping. Did just that. Took the thermostat off auto for the fan and set the fan on HIGH. It worked. No more drip. Apparently you need more air volume moving across the evaporator to stop the water from dripping from the unit. Just thought I would share what worked for us. Good luck!
This is not from rain, it's condensation when I run the unit. It's on Auto and I live in Florida so I will put it on high fan and see what happens. This may be it!!!!! Thank you so much for giving me a new direction because I have cleaned the drip pan several times already. How long did you run high fan?
Qstaar17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2022, 08:16 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qstaar17 View Post
Right all I have is a drip pan and the water runs off the roof to the ground. I will educate myself on this return air plenum. To see if this is the problem. Thanks for responding.

The plenium I speak of is merely a sheet metal or nonmetallic deflector/barrier to keep chilled air and warm return air totally separate. If it has any gaps, cracks or holes between chilled air and warm return air, seal them with metallic duct tape.

You may download the service manual for YOUR air conditioner from https://bryantrv.com/docs.html#airconditioner
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 08:15 AM   #17

Making the holes in the drip pan bigger worked!!! Thanks everyone, I leaned a lot!
Qstaar17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 11:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Check the following....
Is the evaporator coil clean and the pan clean? When were the units cleaned?
Check the evaporator pan drain hole.
Remove the inside air diffuser and tighten each of the 4 hold down bolts 1/2 to 1 full turn and no more. You do not want to over compress the gasket.

If it still leaks water in, you will need to remove the unit and thoroughly clean it. When re-installing, use a new gasket and tighten per the manufacturer's instructions, but to not compress the gasket more than 1/2 of its original thickness. DO NOT use any caulk on the A/C gasket. It has a sticky side, and this goes against the unit to hold it in place while positioning the unit.

Ken
Wow saw your callsign, you are VERY close to me, probably the same month but different state obviously.. KE6AVG. Sadly I let mine expire.
Old 09-08-2022, 11:38 PM   #19

Start with the easy stuff...

When is the last time you clean the evaporator coil and tray in the AC?
VIN#1GBJP37N4R3314754
Flight System G-Man 360 generator man (PM me)
1972VWbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 04:58 PM   #20

Check your A/C drip pan (tray), it's most likely clogged and causing condensation to drip back into the Rv. Happened to me after cleaning my a/c coils.

I drilled the hole in the tray a little larger to help prevent blockage in the future. It does not take much debris to clog the exit hold causing condensation to quickly fill the pan (tray) which then allows it to drip back inside.

Here is a pic of the drip tray on my Coleman Mach a/c. Yours may be different. In the second photo you can see where I drilled a larger hole for better drainage.

Note: just noticed this thread was from May. Hope this helps someone in the future.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drip tray.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	375964   Click image for larger version

Name:	drip tray 1.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	375965  

VolDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags