Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2016, 12:36 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Got delayed in getting up to check out the breakers. THey are all 20 amp. so from all your comments I guess I have heat pumps, but am still curious how the heat strips work within.
Now onto the AH problem. Fired it up and while waiting for it to get up to speed was able to get the cover partially off. I think the wall in the adjoining compartment will come out allowing access. Thumped on all the valves and still nothing. Next step figure out how to get the cover completely off and then call AH tech support.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2016, 01:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv2Roam2 View Post
For many roof-top heat strips 40 degrees is just below their effective temperature range so they struggle to produce heat ... at about 43 - 45 degrees mine will start to function - above that they do great.
You can give the AH folks a call - their techs are good about trouble-shooting systems by phone - and have helped me restart my system.
Lv2Roam2
While that's true of the "heat pumps" built into some RV roof top A/C units ... the "heat strips" used in some A/C units produce heat at any temperature.
Woodchopper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat