RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2018, 07:19 AM   #15

There is no magical switch to increase the voltage. You could add a DC to DC buck/boost converter that will keep the voltage constant no matter what the battery voltage . You will have to get one that will handle the max amperage draw of your slide motors . Not cheap , but it can be done.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2018, 08:37 AM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
A Traveler,

IMHO we all should read other posts like 7,8,9 before we post.

Does it matter if you run your engine when doing as Sue46 poster #9 does going in to and out of camp grounds? Is it really going to hurt anything???

My all inclusive statement may not have been 100% correct but in the grand scheme of things it wasn't 100% incorrect either. What's the big deal???

You pull into a CG, level your RV, move the slides out & raise the satellite. I'd bet 2 out of 10 owners wouldn't know for certain which battery is used to power each of those three devices. A wise person will/should error on the side of caution.

As far as the accuracy of owners manuals. Back in 2013 if we had believed what our Ford Owners Manual explained on the written page regarding flat towing of our 2012 Fusion we would have destroyed the transmission.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:47 AM   #17

Our new Winnebago Vista is interlocked. Motor must be running when leveling and deploying slides.
murphy55378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:48 AM   #18

Added voltage to slide motors

TeJay, my point in quoting your post was to make the point that the only reliable and accurate place where you can get answers to questions like this are in the Owners Manual. Sure, I could run the engine in our coach when I extend the slides and it would not hurt a thing. But the Owners Manual tells me I donít have to if I choose not to. But this procedure would not apply to EVERY coach.

To the OP: Not all coaches use the same procedures in the operation of jacks and slides. The only place to know - FOR SURE - about the procedures for your coach is the Owners Manual.
A Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide