Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2020, 01:56 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Adjusting "tilt" of slide room with HWH X-Slide (azpete are you there?)

I noticed the front curbside Slide Room has some tilt. When the room is fully out there is about a 1" gap at the bottom on both sides where the room should be pressing against the rubber seal attached to the body. I can get my finger between the room stop edge and the seal at the bottom. The room is tight against this seal at the top on both sides.

After the room moves its full distance (in or out) I hold the slide button an extra two seconds (I can hear the pump load up) to ensure it is reached the end of its travel. I think the cylinder is reaching the end of its travel just short of where the room needs to stop.

Last year I replaced one of the hydraulic cylinders and both chains on this X-side mechanism. I didn't notice this tilt then. However I did not make any adjustments to the cylinder mounting - which in hindsight, may have been needed since I replaced the chains (which may be slightly shorter now as there is no stretch in the new chains like the old ones had).

The hydraulic cylinder (one on each side) has an adjustment that raises or lowers the cylinder in its mounting bracket. However the HWH instructions seem to indicate this adjustment is used to adjust the room "closed" position. As it says after adjustment drive the Coach and check for rattles. I suppose it would also work in reverse and adjust how far the room opens too.

I am assuming that if the room cylinders had more travel after the top of the room hits the stop/seal, the bottom would continue to travel (letting the room roll downward) that additional inch to close up the gap at the bottom.

So my question is this: if I adjust both cylinders so they can extend further, is possible that it could exert too much pressure at the top and damage the room's stop edging, or pull the mounting screws out of the coach side wall.

I'm wanting the room to roll a little after the top contacts so the bottom will tighten up. I'm just not sure if this X-slide mechanism allows for "roll" as it appears that it pushes equally on the top and bottom of room (where it is attached) and doesn't have any slop to it.

Or maybe I should just leave well enough alone.

Has anyone had their HWH X-Slide mechanism adjusted to correct tilt?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HWH X-Slide adjustments.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	302430   Click image for larger version

Name:	HWH X-Slide mechanism.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	302431  

CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2020, 11:31 AM   #2
Commercial Member

i returned your call, no answer. please call again
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 12:15 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I never tried to call you. But I'll do that now.

I know you don't mind people calling you, but it feels like I'm intruding into your personal time - so I usually just ask, and look for answers in the thread.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, slide