Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2020, 04:31 AM   #1

Adventurer Problems

We have a 20012 Winnebago Adventurer and are having multiple problems.

The model 37F has a bed that partially slides up the wall so the bedroom slide will close. The bed then slides down when you put the slide out to set up. Our bed will not go up or down. It is currently in the upright position. It worked two days ago, so I wonder if there is a separate fuse somewhere that may have blown.

The second problem is the bedroom slide itself. (That was the original problem.) It is stuck in the out position. I know the bed is in the full upright position, so there is no reason for the slide to remain out. I have checked all fuses and breakers that I know of, and all are fine. This too worked last week.

Two of the three ceiling exhaust fans have also stopped working, again making me think there is a breaker or fuse blown somewhere. The lids go up, but the fans will not rotate. Fuses in both look good.

Because of the virus, we have not taken our coach out in almost a year. We planned to take it out this weekend, but obviously could not.

We cannot find anyone locally who has mobile service to get the slide in so we can get it to one of only a couple shops. Any advice/suggestions will be greatly appreciated as I have spent three days in the coach trying to figure out what is wrong. I have also replaced the house batteries thinking they may be the problem. Thanks in advance.
retiredfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2020, 06:58 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
I don't know about your slide out and bed, but I had the same problem with a ceiling fan.

It was the switch up under the cover. The wire came loose and the fan wouldn't work.

Simple fix once I took it apart. You should be able to get at it from the inside by pulling the screen off. It's just the ground wire for the fan motor that disconnects when the cover comes down and pushes on the switch plunger.

Happy Glamping.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 10:50 AM   #3

Sometimes when our fans don't run and the cover goes up and down, I've been able to get them started by rapping the fan firmly with my hand, either on the ceiling close by or on the fan assembly itself to shake the switch into moving.

The button switch is just stuck because because of non use. If this procedure doesn't work, spray the switch mechanism with WD-40 from the top to free it up.
Old 09-07-2020, 11:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredfed View Post

The model 37F has a bed that partially slides up the wall so the bedroom slide will close. The bed then slides down when you put the slide out to set up. Our bed will not go up or down. It is currently in the upright position. It worked two days ago, so I wonder if there is a separate fuse somewhere that may have blown.
We had a 2011 adventurer and there is a switch on the bed frame that is activated when the bed is up and that would sometimes not allow the slide to go in because it didn't make good contact. My solution which always worked was to lift the bed slightly by hand and drop/wiggle/push while my wife pushed the slide retract button. I am sure the contact switch could have been adjusted some but it didn't happen often enough for me to want to work on it.
Hope this helps.
M&MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 11:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredfed View Post

The second problem is the bedroom slide itself. (That was the original problem.) It is stuck in the out position. I know the bed is in the full upright position, so there is no reason for the slide to remain out. I have checked all fuses and breakers that I know of, and all are fine. This too worked last week.

Two of the three ceiling exhaust fans have also stopped working, again making me think there is a breaker or fuse blown somewhere. The lids go up, but the fans will not rotate. Fuses in both look good.

Because of the virus, we have not taken our coach out in almost a year. We planned to take it out this weekend, but obviously could not.

We cannot find anyone locally who has mobile service to get the slide in so we can get it to one of only a couple shops. Any advice/suggestions will be greatly appreciated as I have spent three days in the coach trying to figure out what is wrong. I have also replaced the house batteries thinking they may be the problem. Thanks in advance.
I had a 2010 37F and am familar with the bed. It has a motor and screw drive under the bed that is operated by a wall switch separate from the slide out mechanism. If the slide is out, you can access the bed tile drive by lifting the wooden deck under the mattress at the foot of the bed. It is heavy and you should put a prop that will keep it from falling down on you while you access the screw drive to see if it has power. On mine, unless the bed was fully tilted up at the headboard, the slide out was disabled so that you could not retract the slide. After making sure the bed is fully tilted, try the slide again. If it still won't move, I think you have a blown fuse "somewhere" and perhaps you can DL the wiring diagram from WBGO to find all the possible fuse locations.

Failing all that, I don't think it will "hurt" anything to drive the coach to a dealer IF it isn't too far away and doesn't require you to use an Interstate, because you'll want to go slow and watch for mailboxes and other roadside obstacles. .
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 12:39 PM   #6

Have you checked to see if your emergency brake is set? Mine won't operate unless it is.
FloridaNative49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 04:17 PM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Our friends have had the same issue with their Winnie DP. The bed has an interlock switch that will prevent the slide from coming in until it thinks the bed has slid up out of the way. One of them has had to manipulate the switch while the other brings the slide in.

You need to find and identify that bed switch. I know our friends said it's awkward to access, but that's all I know.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 02:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&MM View Post
We had a 2011 adventurer and there is a switch on the bed frame that is activated when the bed is up and that would sometimes not allow the slide to go in because it didn't make good contact. My solution which always worked was to lift the bed slightly by hand and drop/wiggle/push while my wife pushed the slide retract button. I am sure the contact switch could have been adjusted some but it didn't happen often enough for me to want to work on it.
Hope this helps.
I had the same issue. I taped a quarter to the bed frame so it would better contact the limit switch and haven't had an issue since (3 years)! On the 2010 37F, if you remove the mattress, you will find some access holes near the head of the bed. I believe the switch is near the leftmost hole. Adjust the bed tilt until you can see and reach it through the hole.
marvhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 05:57 PM   #9

Winnebago Adventurer Bed wont retract or fold

The single motor on the rack gear overheats very easily and will trip the thermal overload. If you cycle switch off and on like you would a power awning you will find it diesnt overheat. If you have operated the bed too rapidly wait 10-20 minutes and the bed will start working again.
amil100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, ems, problem, problems, vent