Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2016, 11:54 AM   #1

Air Bag Height

I have a 1997 beaver Montery on a Magnum chassis and want to make sure my air bags are set properly. I have been looking on the internet and get mixed readings. Some say the front air bags should be set at 8.25 inches while others say 10 inches. The same confusion is with the rear air bags with readings going from 10 inches to 11.5. I do not know which are correct. Can anybody straighten me out? I am also confused on the manner of the measurement. Is the measurement taken including the top and bottom air bag plates or is the measurement taken of just the air bags in between the plates? I would appreciate any and feedback I can get on this matter. Thanks John at RanchoT@msn.com
RanchoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2016, 12:24 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanchoT View Post
I have a 1997 beaver Montery on a Magnum chassis and want to make sure my air bags are set properly. I have been looking on the internet and get mixed readings. Some say the front air bags should be set at 8.25 inches while others say 10 inches. The same confusion is with the rear air bags with readings going from 10 inches to 11.5. I do not know which are correct. Can anybody straighten me out? I am also confused on the manner of the measurement. Is the measurement taken including the top and bottom air bag plates or is the measurement taken of just the air bags in between the plates? I would appreciate any and feedback I can get on this matter. Thanks John at RanchoT@msn.com
I sent you an email last week and received no answer. Did you get it? What I suggested in the email will get you your answer and many more. Good luck.
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:54 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

The ride height spec and how it is measured will be unique to a specific chassis configuration, so unless somebody else has a Magnum chassis with the same capacities as yours, getting advice on the internet is risky. Don't let somebody give you Roadmaster chassis specs - your 1997 chassis is not a Roadmaster! Later Beavers, maybe 2002 and later, will use a Roadmaster chassis, but not yours.

This blog item won't answer your specific question, but will explain some of what you need to know to get the right answers.
Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: How to measure ride height on a DP?

One of the Beaver-specific websites might have some specs. Here's one: Beaver Info Page
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote